1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Washington Police Fatally Shoot Man as He Throws Rock and Runs Away

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BullRider, Feb 12, 2015.

1. BullRider

BullRider Member

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y-0uqFTBclo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://justice.gawker.com/video-shows-washington-police-fatally-shooting-man-as-h-1685472294

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Stop resisting!

Sprinkle a lil crack on em'

1 person likes this.
  3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Must be nice to get away with murder on a daily basis

4. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

If it even makes it before a grand jury, I"m calling it....not guilty.

I see how it works, the cops outnumber the suspect, so the suspect could have killed all those cops with rocks. Thats considered a threat....man, next time someone calls me a name I'm stabbing them. If they touch me, I'm shooting them.

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I'm going to go ahead and recommend this gets moved to the D and D...

that said, I mean, what else can be said at this point. The issue of police abusing their power is not a localized issue. It is a nationwide problem. And it isn't even fixable -- cops abusing power is an inherent part of cops having power. You can call for all the reforms you want, this abuse is an inherent part of what it means to have cops.

The only solution is not having cops in our neighborhoods, and finding a way to work with our neighbors, families and friends to take care of ourselves.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thats straight plain nasty murder

7. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Not quite like CSI where the cops would chase the perp into an alley way, knocking over trash cans and climb over a steal chain linked fence, eh?

8. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

That being said, this was a totally unnecessary death.

Still not going to say all cops are bad, but there are some bad ones out there.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm all for non-lethal but serious weapons instead of guns.
    I'm all for prosecuting police officers who abuse power and authority.

I would however note some things in this case:

1. In the beginning of the video the dude was seriously chunking something at the officers. If it was rocks, and they had any size, that certainly can be very dangerous.... but clearly doesn't justify killing...

2. But more importantly, if you look at the video, around the 17-20 second market, when the victim stops and turns he does something really really really stupid, unless he was trying to get himself killed. He turns, then makes an action as if he is reaching to his left side to where something like a holster might be, and then brings his arm back out quickly. This is about when he is shot.

Again, I'm all for officers using an abundance of caution, but I can at least see why one of the officers might have truly thought his life was in danger here.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Firstly, I can't see why any officer would use deadly force on somebody throwing rocks and running away. The cops should go to trial for that as they had no threat to their lives before pulling their firearms. Especially gunning him down like that from 5 feet away.

Secondly, throwing rocks at cars is extremely dangerous. Zambrano definitely deserved to be apprehended. In Austin, somebody was throwing rocks at cars from the middle deck of I 35 to the lower deck. One rock went through the windshield, knocked the driver out and he crashed, now he's paralyzed. Zambrano is a scumbag.

And last, the police chief said they used their taser first. So, how did things escalate between officers and Zambrano? When was the taser used? I didn't see it in the video.

11. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I noticed that too. Suicide by police?

12. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Why did they fire the first round of shots? He was obviously running away with his back turned to the police. He threw a rock at the ground and then turned and ran and he was fired at.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

People are never on drugs and theres no such thing as psych patients.

-cops

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Why throw rocks to begin with? They could cause serious eye damage or death

Police were right once again in this case. Obey the law and risk your life.

Kudos to the cops

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Why did this moron run?
    Yeah, it was excessive to shoot and kill him, but this would have been avoided if that dumbass just stopped resisting.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This is a dangerous line of thinking. While you may never find yourself in this situation as he was obviously provoking the police, there are also times where people are not and things happen to them. You may find yourself in a situation one day where you did nothing wrong, but the police say you did. Or misinterpret a movement of yours that you don't even realize you're doing. Then someone on an internet message board will just say "man, he shouldn't have done that!"

Police officers should be held to a much higher standard than the ones their held to now by the vast majority of the public.

1 person likes this.
  17. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

People on drugs and psych patients are never dangerous.

-cheke64

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

what could he possibly be reaching for if he was throwing rocks? If it was a gun why would he be throwing the rocks in the first place?

Also IMO there were shots before he started running and the way he was kinda limping it seemed he was already hit and when he turned towards the cops he was pointing to where he was hit and was gonna surrender, but nope.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Suicide by cop if the one eyewitness can be believed.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Unloading 3 clips dont kill people, altered mental people with pebbles kill people.

-BetterthanI