1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Driving] D Bag Driver Causes Crash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 713, Apr 27, 2015.

?

Who's at Fault?

1. Camaro Driver (Douche for driving reckless/DWI)

73 vote(s)
    77.7%
  2. Pickup Truck (Douche for keeping pace with 18 wheeler)

19 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. 18 Wheeler (Douche for not slowing down for the two idiots)

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. 713

713 Member

Plot starts at :30 sec mark.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pA7BASFqXIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

via KHOU
    http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...sh-while-trying-to-pass-on-shoulder/26443189/

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I know a Kiran, but she's a girl

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

please don't be asian...please don't be asian...damnit, Nepal...oh wait..not Mongloid...ok

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Both drivers are assholes. Looks to me like the truck was deliberately penning in the Camaro after the Camaro tried to cut him off earlier.

5. Remix

Remix Member

Obviously the driver of the Camaro looks bad because of the DWI charges, but c'mon the pickup can't be driving on the left side of a two lane road going the same speed as the 18 wheeler. Looks like the pickup was doing it on purpose to mess with the Camaro too.

If the Camaro was trying to rush to the hospital or something the pickup would look like a giant turd for deliberately driving right next to the 18 wheeler

6. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Disagree. At worst the truck driver was mildly inconsiderate, if that.

I think it's the other way around, the Camaro was pinning the truck in from slowing down and the truck wasn't willing to speed to get ahead of the 18-wheeler. I do tend to speed up to get over and let a jackass pass me, but I don't fault the truck driver for not doing that.

The Camaro driver was clearly driving illegally.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Pickup Truck driver is the bigger D-Bag. Camaro driver is the bigger dumbass. 18-wheeler driver was just dumb for not slowing down.

Camaro obviously at fault.

8. xcrunner51

In my experience, that scenario happens a lot on the freeway. E.g. the 18-wheeler is going at your comfortable speed over in the right lane but you don't want to drive behind it. You speed up, you're speeding. You slow down, you're stuck behind a 18-wheeler. Neither move is ideal. Adding a drunk jackass behind you limiting your options further doesn't help.

There's literally no justification for driving recklessly. 'rushing to the hospital' means nothing if you cause another accident on the way. Fortunately no one was harmed in that accident, but if it were a smaller car it could have easily been driven under the semi.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Camaro is the big douche bag.

The pickup truck was only doing a few MPH faster than the semis in the right lane. It wasn't until the Camaro tried to cut off the pickup before the pickup accelerated before the first semi. Pickup keeps up the gas a bit because he's being bullied by the Camaro, but he seems to be keeping the same pace prior to the Camaro entering the picture.

Camaro made big douche moves. First, he tried to change lanes without enough space, cutting off the pickup. Pickup swerved to avoid and accelerated, and the Camaro tried again nearly hitting the pickup a second time. The only fault you could possibly say for the pickup is it didn't accelerate fast enough for the Camaro's patience, but there's no legal obligation for the pickup to do so. The pickup was faster traffic than the semis in the right, the Camaro just wasn't patient enough, forced the issue, and was a douche.

If I were the driver with the dash cam, I would've slowed down and kept some distance from the Camaro. The dash cam driver is lucky to not be involved in the accident.

10. xcrunner51

Yea, it seemed like the 18-wheeler was either oblivious or watching rome burn in the rear view mirror.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Left Lane For Passing Only

The Camaro driver is mentally r****ded, but the pickup driver is a complete douchebag. Just get the **** out of the way.

Stupid mother****ers and their pride.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Truth. Proverbs 16:18.

13. likestohypeguy

Yeah the truck driver should have just been satified with his getting his initial move over on the camaro's too aggressive pass attempt, then went on about his business, get past the 18 wheeler, and let the guy go on. He still would have won.

The camaro is a pure rager. Not going to react well to being blocked in that long after getting initially forced out like that. Especially when drunk. Something had to give.

That was a thing of beauty. So perfect, except for the relatively innocent big truck driver.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Few points about this video...
    1. Camaro driver was a moron...who apparently has very little value for his own life.
    2. The pickup driver feels a moral obligation to ensure that he be the one that teaches this young punk some manners.
    3. The Big-Rig was a victim of a horrible game of chicken on a major interstate road.

Cant believe no one died...scary wreck for sure.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Pickup was passing the semis. Just not fast enough for the Camaro. Riding his bumper, flashing your lights, trying to pass him on the shoulder will not make the pickup drive faster.

16. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

False, it's the other way around. The Camaro is at fault for putting lives at risk by trying to cut the pickup off, then acting like a 5 year old because he can't speed with his cool car. The pickup is dumb because he risked a lot to teach the kid a lesson.

1 person likes this.
  17. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Camaro driver. Even with the guy in the pickup driving slow in the passing lane. With the way that guy was driving, the guy in the pickup may have saved his life by not letting him pass. That guy's license should be suspended. If he'd just backed off, the pickup would've passed, and he could've moved on, but he was an *******. He deserved it.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You guys don't know what cutting someone off means. That camaro didn't cut the truck off, he just forced the truck off the road trying to go fast.

Truck was in passing lane, because he was passing the 18 wheeler. I don't see why people like this are ever able to drive again. nearly 40K people die a year doing stupid **** like this on the roads.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

No, he really wasn't. He passed one and got up to the front of the other in about 20 seconds. He then spends the next minute and a half riding right beside the semi. The car that was originally in front of the truck is long gone. If the truck would've kept his original speed, he would've passed the semi easily. That guy definitely slowed down to mess with the Camaro driver.

20. Buck Turgidson

So I'm at brunch yesterday on Houston St near Milam in downtown San Antonio, my cousin left his glasses at the restaurant so we drove back around and parked in front. Black and White Chevy Tahoe comes screaming down the street at about 70mph, fishtailing everywhere, there's pedestrians and cars all on the street, it's a miracle he hit nothing. Then a second later, 6 more SAPD Tahoes with lights and sirens come flying by. My buddy in the back of the truck says, "somebody stole that cop car". Then we see/hear the helicopters overhead.

I need to check the SA news to see just what the hell happened. All I could think was, "I've been here partying since Friday, I need to get the **** out of town." So I did.

Cool story, bro, I know.