1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac-Gasol vs Kobe-Gasol

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RyanB, May 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. RyanB

RyanB Member

would've T-Mac -Gasol won as Kobe-Gasol have done?
    i mean T-Mac in his prime

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'll give you the answer but...

[​IMG]

3. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Definitely, but that's because Gasol is playing unbelievable.

Just take Gasol away from Kobe again and I doubt the Lakers will make the playoffs.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

It's a pointless discussion but No.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

TMac-Shaq yes. Gasol? Doubt it.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree. I'm not sure about TMac, but if you take Gasol off of this Lakers squad they're worse than the '09-10 Rockets sans Yao. The bad thing is Gasol makes the Lakers better than Yao makes the Rockets.

7. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

The sad thing is Gasol was had for Kwame Brown.

8. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah, T-Mac prime was better than current Kobe.

9. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

With 5 minutes left at home in game 7, up by 5, will Kobe be passive, settle for jumpers and not getting any point until the game is lost?

Flash back to game 4 2000 finals, Shaq was fouled out before OT. Kobe single-handed got all 8 points in OT, including a putback in final seconds to seal the win, on one bad ankle.

TMac fanboys need to simply check history and stop masturbation.

1 person likes this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is the exact reason why T-mac fans exists.

It was never about T-mac because we all know he didn't do squat. it was because of Kobe, the incredible amount of success creates jealousy and disillusion. Kobe created T-mac fans.

I've been observing the fascinating creature called the T-mac fan. They have very low intelligence, but they are the most curious and imaginative creatures.

They imagine so many hypothetical situations that it's an infinite amount of topics.

Also, they have learned to create their own Matrix like the movie. A reality of many things that are not real, but real to them.

The whole idea that they worship someone who has done nothing is so amazing. Can you imagine what a peaceful world we would have if people worshiped T-mac?

Two superpowers about to go to war. if they follow the mantra of T-mac, they would just stop and do nothing.
    The technique is called Jamariomooning.

2 people like this.
  11. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

:grin:

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You always forget to mention that the teams t-mac played on were never favorites in a playoff-series. What did Kobe do without Shaq and Gasol....yea, nothing. You should just stop all the senseless bashing and hating caused by your bitterness.

13. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_9WHzPaWcU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_9WHzPaWcU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

14. tinman

Supporting Member

What? the Rockets were NEVER favorites against the Jazz when we had HOME COURT Advantage?

See what I mean? Tmac fans don't even know Tmac facts!

Bitter for what? I'm not a Knicks fan. What team does Tmac play on?

I'm full of joy and happiness.
    the joy and happiness that a TEAM brings to you when they win Championships.

Because of Tmac fans, I realize how special true Rocket fans are and I will never take for granted the greatness of a true superstar in Hakeem Olajuwon.

Oh no, Clutch City is forever, if you know what Clutch City means.

1 person likes this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I´m a Rockets fan my whole life waaay before Yao or T-Mac came, see that´s what i mean, if somebody is speakin against you and in favor of T-Mac, he always has to be a "Stacy-Fan" and "no true clutch-fan" blablabla.
    The Rockets had homecourt advantage, but the Jazz were the worst matchup possible for our team, especially for Yao with Okur and Boozer stretching the floor. We never had a good point guard or reiable scorers besides Mac and Yao, so there was no way to go deep in the playoffs.
    You are bitter that the Mac/Yao era didn´t brought any success, that´s why you type stuff like "I´m not a Knicks fan" and don´t want to agree on the fact that T-Mac is one of the greatest players of the last decade.
    Appreciating how he sacrificed his body for this franchise doesn´t mean I´m not a Rockets fan, which I will always be. But guys like you will never understand that.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Uh not really. Hakeem Olajuwon played without eating for religious reasons.

I understand that real Rocket fans have seen real superstars who brought pride to the city of Houston like Hakeem, Drexler, Moses Malone, Calvin Murphy, Elvin Hayes.

I know why Clutch created this place and why he's a Rockets fan.
    do you?

17. BrooksBall

Yung-T,

How old are you and how did you become a Rockets fan? Just curious. I see that you live in Germany.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

This is amazing! Tmac fans are world wide and extremely sensitive.

he must think Clutch City is where they make the stick shifts for Volkswagens!

hahaha

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It´s really getting hilarious how you are doubtin Rockets-fans when they are supportin T-Mac. I know why he created it and why they call it Clutch-City.
    It´s great to see that you don´t comment on anything i´ve said and jsut pick out the one little sentence that sounds suspicious to you. Not eating for religious reasons is a common thing in sports and doesn´t affect how good you play, many stars in other sports do it. Don´t question that I´m a real fan of this franchise, and for me it always was about the whole team, not just because of some superstars. The thing with you is, you just can´t realize that the team we had when T-Mac and Yao were healthy, was absolutely not championship caliber. Therefore you blame the player that was the "superstar" of that time without looking at the big picture. The organization failed to create a supporting cast that could help our two stars.
    I hope you read that and reply in a mature way, without picking one sentence and doubting me being a fan.

20. BrooksBall

Forget my previous question. I think I found the answer: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4421191&postcount=133

That's not really waaay before Yao and least not how I would interpret the use of the word "waaay."

You became a fan in '97 because of a video game. How did you watch Rockets games from Germany back in the late 90s?