1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hindsight 20/20] What ex-teammates said about Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Harden's beard

Is Dirk next in line? lol

2. Harden's beard

I think Morey's response to Dwight should be added to this list :)

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

After reading his ESPN interview again and then reading these players quotes. Just, wow. I was blind as a bat. This even gave me more respect for McGrady at least saying" It's all on me" while Dwert blames everyone but himself. I used to really, really like the guy...now I just think he's a soft ass, whiney little twit.

4. Fantasma Negro

When the Dwightmare was happening I begged everyone to see reason but I was called a hater. Javale McGee would've been a better option lol

5. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same here. In my dislike of the ESPN talking heads, I gave Howard more benefit of the doubt than he clearly deserved.

6. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Same here. When he had problems in other cities, I have always taken up for him. I now understand what everyone is talking about. He wants to win a championship with him as the focal point and with him dominating in the post. He is a me player instead of a we player.

I can't believe people were taking up for him and saying resign Dwight and trade Harden. Atleast when Harden is scrutinized, he puts it on himself and talks about what he has to do better and what the team has to do better. He doesn't point fingers at anybody else but himself.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Let a person keep talking and they will reveal their true selves. The astonishing part is that he doesn't realize how bad he looks. He just keeps talking and lying on people. "Answer a fool according to his folly not according to his folly". Just keep showing his stats and interviews which reveals how mentally weak a 30 yr old NBA player is when it comes to winning.

Love him off court, doesn't see the need to change on court.

8. SunsRocketsfan

no he's not.. he's what you call a FAKE NICE GUY.. he's actually very petty, immature and throws everyone under the bus and never takes ownership. Then you call him out on it and he put on his smile and says he didnt mean it like that.. FAKE ASS MOFO.. get him out of here

9. BackdoorHarden

No updates??? Any quotes from Hawks, Rockets, and Bobcat players????

hakeem94 and steddinotayto like this.
  10. BackdoorHarden

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I might update this sometime in the future lol

12. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Warrriors wants to sign him. If the price is low, we can sign him

13. BackdoorHarden

These annual stories about Dwight are must read. I mean, this stuff is crazy. I haven't read any of this stuff till now.

He prays for James Harden because James ruined his life and goes to the strip club too much.

This is the same dude with 5 kids with 5 women and he's praying for James Harden. ROFL.

"It’s no surprise he clashed with Bryant, whose persona is famously confrontational, but in Houston he also engaged in a cold war with the mild-mannered James Harden. “James is not the kind of guy who is going to say, ‘Yo, man, you got a problem?’ and I’m not either,” Howard says. “When I don’t like what’s going on, I tend to shut down, put my headphones on and ignore everything. I don’t talk about things. That happened to me in L.A. It happened to me again in Houston. I should have communicated better.” One Rockets official called a meeting with Howard and Harden that felt more like an intervention. Harden voiced what he wanted from Howard, namely stronger screens and tougher rim protection, but Howard didn’t express much in response. The freeze deepened.

Howard does not have many friends in the league—“I’m kind of the loner”—and he became a convenient target. In one game, Bryant called his former teammate “soft as a motherf-----,” and in another, Kevin Durant called him worse, "a Pxxxxy."

At a low point with the Rockets, after the 2014–15 season, he considered retiring. The jolly giant who supposedly had too much fun on the floor was miserable. “The joy,” Howard says, “was sucked out of it by James Harden and the Rockets.”

Howard filled notebook paper with names—from Bryant to Harden, Skip Bayless to Stephen A. Smith—and used the pages to wallpaper a room in his house, so he’d remember to pray for adversaries , a healthy substitute for blame

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/09/19/dwight-howard-hornets-magic-lakers-james-harden-kobe-bryant

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Apparently all his ex teammates have bad things to say about him. Too much of a jokester etc, things we all know about Dwight. Doesn't make him a bad person, but other players probably thinks he doesn't take things seriously. Also doesn't help that he already has a bad rep of being a coach killer from his previous teams.

He also has a terrible PR team because they let him constantly get abused by the media by taking his quotes out of context.

Just one quote I heard on one of ESPN's shows. He had talked to someone who worked on the show on the phone and said he was "shocked that he was traded because he didn't see it coming and felt like he had a great year in terms of individual stats". Their co-hosts then spinned that quote into Dwight being selfish and thought that having a losing year on non-playoff team was considered good.

Also some Laker fans who work in the media clearly show their bias against him just because he didn't re-sign with the Lakers that year and blame Kobe's injury on him too (lol). If PG and Lebron were smart, they'd realize they would never meet up to Faker fans expectations and would get crucified after having non-championship seasons.

15. riko

riko Member

It’s not the jokes it’s the quitting on plays if he doesn’t get his touches and the passive aggressive crap he pulled here.

SF3isBack!!, alethios and Patience like this.
  16. BackdoorHarden

COACH KILLER?

Orlando- Van Gundy
    Laker - Mike D
    Rockets- Mike Hair
    Hawks- Didn't he get the coach fired too?
    Hornets - Clifford.
    Warriors - Steve Kerr 2019

Basically, every coach have been fired!!!

luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.
  17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is actually kind of scary. I truly hope as a person and human, he gets help. I bet this man's lows are worse than his highs when he is goofing around. I know people with similar traits and they get help for suicide.

18. BackdoorHarden

Sadly, he reminds me of Robin Williams and other celebrity that have killed themself. He really does need help. He blames all his problems on other people. He blames the Rockets, James Harden, Kobe, Stephen A Smith, etc etc. for all his life problems.

He can't understand he is the problem. He is a people pleaser. He wants to make people happy, but doesn't know how to make himself happy.

It's really sad. Someone really need to interve and get him some help. Seriously. He has all the traits of celebrities that have killed themself

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dwight Howard will never be on this team. Period. Morey dislikes him...So does D'Antoni.

Oh and did I forget that Harden and Paul would never work along side a mental midget like him. Hope he does go to Golden State...the dude is a cancer, and hoping that the Warriors struggle by signing him.

luckyman76 likes this.
  20. BackdoorHarden

This Dwight Howard crap is so fasciating. The whole blame game on Kobe and Harden ruining his life and the Draymond mind game he played on Dwight. I guess that's why Dwight as an Ass in honor of Draymond. Draymond really must have gotten into Draymonds LITTLE MIND.

Draymond Green on @KNBR, reacting to Dwight Howard's quote about still being a champion in his mind: "Cool. That's the spirit."

:Dwight of course is not a champion. He’s been to the NBA Finals, but he’s never won. Which leads to the obvious question: What the **** are you talking about, Dwight? But a true genius doesn’t go with the obvious take. A true genius finds a new, subtle way of destroying his enemies. Draymond Green proved in a radio interview about Dwight’s comments that he is a true genius. His four-word response is nothing but flame emojis.:

https://www.gq.com/story/draymond-green-destroyed-dwight-howard-with-four-words

"
    From the Mercury News: "I was surprised they didn't go into Dwight (Howard) earlier," Green said. "The big fella was ready for his post sessions, but the first six minutes he probably didn't get a touch."

Green is hilarious, and frankly, we are suckers for giving in to his trickery, but that's the position we find ourselves in, so let's dive in.

It could also be due to the fact that if Howard wants more touches, he's likely to complain about his lack of touches. The Houston locker room is not known for being particularly resilient, and Green might very well be looking to fracture an easily fractured team dynamic.

What's even more devious of Green is that he would very much like us to talk about how Howard deserves more touches (and hey, frankly, Howard probably should get some more touches!), because the more noise we stir up in the media, the more other members of the media will ask Howard, Harden, J.B. Bickerstaff and the rest of the Rockets organization about the "problem," a problem largely created by Draymond Green.

And, of course, the more the media asks the Rockets organization about the problem, the more the organization is forced to think about it. The more the organization thinks about it, the more the idea gets pounded into Howard's head that he used to be one of the top three players in the world, and why doesn't he get any of the respect he deserves any more? Why shouldn't he be getting the ball on every possession?

The answer, of course, is because James Harden is a much better, more efficient offensive player. Every time Howard tries to post up, it's taking away an opportunity from a player who combines one of the most slithery handles with a brutally precise jump shot. If Howard got more opportunities, it might open up the offense, but it also might limit inarguably Houston's best player.

https://www.masslive.com/sports/2016/04/draymond_green_wants_dwight_howard_want_shots.html