1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

At times throughout the year, some posters start threads to pose a trade idea. If lots of people post trade ideas, it clutters up the forum, so <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=115538">we decided in 2006</a> to try to have one thread for "random trade ideas" that are not based on news involving the Rockets. They are simply, "What do you think about... " scenarios.

Here are the rules of the "Random Trade Idea" thread.

1) Keep your trade ideas realistic. We all know why the Rockets would want a superstar ... but try to ask the question "Why does it make sense for the other team?"

2) Don't be a jerk. There are going to be unrealistic scenarios posted ... just point out to them why it couldn't happen, if you feel so inclined. Report the post as ludicrous if you must, but don't nuke the poster and call them names. It spirals the thread down.

<HR>
    Previous threads for reference:
    • <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=157357">Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas -- 2008-09</a>
    • <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=177189">Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas -- 2009-10</a>
    • <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=190437">Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas -- 2010-11</a>
    • <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=210902">Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas -- 2011-12</a>
    • <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=224894">Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas -- 2012-13</a>
    • <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=242346">Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas -- 2013-14</a>

1 person likes this.
  2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Dragic

For

TPE
    Lull
    Draft pick

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I still don't think Dragic is to be had unless the compensation the Suns receive is just too good to pass up .... BUT

Your trade package is intriguing , at least to me if only because I wonder what Lull's value is around the league.

I'm not fully aware why he has chosen to remain in the Euro League - is it the Rockets not ponying up enough $$ , does he not see a clear role on this team or does he just prefer to remain overseas ?!
    I do know he has a significant buy out cost .... but didn't he extend that deal recently ??!

TPE , Lull + the NO pick might bring back a significant player ..... ???

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

5. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

this thread wont get passed 10 pages this year with lin and omer allready shipped away :)

most interesting pieces to me are the hopson, Gee, Cov non G'teed contracts.

lets get something done in 2014 murray.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Trade - Gee, Canaan and Rockets 2017 1st for Bass and Bogans.

Trade - Bogans, Jones, Capela, Powell and Pelicans 2015 1st for Bledsoe (s&t).

Sign Marion with MLE, O'Neal with BAE.

PG - Bledsoe, Beverley
    SG - Harden, Daniels, Johnson
    SF - Ariza, Marion
    PF - Bass, Motiejunas, Adrian
    C - Howard, O'Neal

Inactive players: Smith, Covington, Dorsey.

Tada!

7. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Figure out a way to pry Dragic and Millsap away from their respective teams while somehow keeping Beverly, DMO and the ability to sign Marion.

Dragic, Beverly
    Harden
    Ariza, Marion
    Millsap, DMO
    Howard

McHale only plays 8 players in the first round of the playoffs so I'm not too worried about who else is on the bench.

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

since the thread seems to be dead..im guessing we aren't making any active moves as of late.

9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I think ppl have just been using the "paging cyberx" thread for this pretty much...

although no, I don't think much is happening

10. Chamillionaire

I'd like to get Milsap without giving up Jones nor the Pelican pic.

Wonder if something like DMo, Johnson would be enough.

11. Braunatron

Braunatron Member

Any trade involving Llull will most likely happen after the FIBA World Cup coming up in a month. That tournament will do a lot to his trade value for better or worse. Either way I don't think adding the Pelicans 1st rounder to Llull would be enough. I think they would want a player back that is guaranteed to be on their team next season, possibly two. I would add Nick Johnson/Isaiah Canaan and Robert Covington to that deal if it made it work.

Dragic

For

Sergio Llull rights
    Isaiah Canaan/Nick Johnson
    Robert Covington
    1st rounder from NOLA

I do this in a heart beat IF Dragic agrees to an extension. Unfortunately, this deal wouldn't happen until the trade deadline.

12. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Don't hate me for this as this thread is just for fun but what if we traded Harden for Kevin Martin and Kevin Love.

Martin isn't that bad of a replacement for Harden if you think about it. Everyone bashes on Harden for lack of defense and Kevin Martin is pretty much the same. Both are similar in that they can be elite scorers and get to the free thrown line in bunches. Works well when you have Dwight on the team.

Beverly
    Martin
    Ariza
    Love
    Dwight

Thoughts?

Again, I realize this ain't happening but thought it'd be fun to discuss.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

On paper it absolutely makes sense. But it will never happen.

14. basketballholic

On or after Dec. 15th....

Trevor Ariza, Capella, DMo (or the other guy), and Pelies pick for Cody Zeller and MKG

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Guess im following you lol.

I understand your interest in zeller, but I think you are looking too long term, I wouldn't really want to give up all that for a guy who still has a couple years IMO.

He might be the next great PF, but we are in win now mode so I think we need the NOW great PF, as well as something better in the PG area

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Dragic, Monroe and Marion - and let's roll!

17. basketballholic

Cody Zeller, Goran Dragic, everybody else for ... Love.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Dude. It is impossible for us to get Love without including Howard or Harden. Give it up

19. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

S&T for Bledsoe. We give the New Orleans first round pick, our own future first, DMO, and Clint Capela and use the trade exception from Asik trade.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Trade exception cannot be combined.
    Salaries don't match.