1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale, this loss is on you...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T_Man, Jan 5, 2015.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

McHale has done a really nice job this year, but this lost is on him... I forgot which poster stated this but it goes like this "McHale does make changes, but it takes him 2 to 3 games where it takes other coaches a half".

Harden, has gone back to his old ways of not playing D and not getting others involved.. In those early wins announcers were talking about how Harden is dishing more, but at the same time the Rockets were winning... Hint get your teammates involved early and it will make your game a lot easier. I know a lot of you will holla about his offense and his shooting... That's all fine and good to get yours but you want anything being a one man show (ask Kobe). tonight this played their best stretch while Harden was on the bench and they were playing D like crazy and passing the ball. Hey Coach, that's on you to get Harden back on the right track.

A lot of you are crapping on J. Smith, Smith played his best game as a Rocket.. At times he will do some dumb stuff... Guess what we had another big name PF who would do dumb crap and take a stupid 3 every game..
    Smith was hitting the boards, driving to the basket and hustling his @$$ off.. Actually in the second half Smith and Dmo had a switch... DMo was taking some real ill advise shots and playing dumb and Smith was playing like DMo..

But again, this game was lost because McHale was been his players like a script instead of improvising and playing the guys that were doing the job. The game is about adjustments and McHale has no reason and too much talent to play a scripted game.

When your players, even your stars are off you sit them. Yeah the refs got some bad calls in, but we were also out coached...

So McHale just as we give you credit when you do good, we also have to give you credit when you mess up..

T_Man

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

3. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Not again :rolleyes:

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the comforting fallback is that mchale still has 3.5 years to figure out how to properly use all these pieces. surely he'll get it right eventually, right?

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

McHale was fine.

6. Badrose

Badrose Member

Sitting here waiting for J. Smith haters and their comments. Gimme some popcorns!

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

McHale can't make Harden drive to the rim. He can't make Dwight man up.

8. Convictedstupid

Wow. That post did not follow the narrative I expected it to. Josh Smith didn't have that good of a game I don't think. His shot was falling tonight though, where 3 games out of 4, it won't. DMo had the superior game. Dmo took 2 ill advised 3s to Josh's 5.

9. T_Man

Then take them out....

When Harden sat, the lead got bigger...

T_Man

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

yep....

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

[​IMG]

12. Badrose

Badrose Member

Thank you! :grin:

13. rockpileindisma

I hate losting :(

14. T_Man

DMo was playing great the 1st half and then Noah started playing physical and took DMo completely out of his game...

This was Smith's best game as a rocket... Did he make some dumb mistakes.. YEAH he did..

T_Man

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

This loss is on the refs... and on some terrible threes by Smith.

16. Convictedstupid

Idk how we were watching different games. Dmo had a worse 2nd half because he just wasn't fed the ball as much. Noah was playing plenty physical with him in the 1st half and he worked him over.

And I'm not saying Smith needs to be perfect. But I don't think it is correct to say he played a much better game than his first game as a rocket or against Miami. Those games are all fairly similar to me, only tonight his terrible midrange shots were actually falling.

He did have a few great moments driving to the bucket and cleaning up the offensive glass for put backs.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We're just a bunch of losters.

btw OP: You do know Harden averaged 7.1 assists for December? What do you mean he's gone back to his old ways? He always does an exceptional job for a SG to get others involved while also having to score the most.

18. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

The refs made them not want to. Dwight couldn't get big because its an offensive foul. Harden didn't get any calls so he needed to get points another way.
    I'm not one to whine about refs, but this game was way too one sided. My thoughts in this game is too outalent them, but that's harder to do than say.
    Oh well, another L, but not all are McHales fault. He shold have tried for a tech and get ejected though!

1 person likes this.
  19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This loss is on the Rox just being a low bball IQ team with a flawed philosophy. McHale is not that good of a coach but what's the use of complaining. That's Morey and Les' boy.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The only thing I fault him for is not making enough noise about the calls to get a tech. Other than that, we did pretty well considering the refs had it out for us tonight.