1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man why are we talking about Black anyways. Lol

2. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

No way we were contenders last year. We should've beaten Portland, but no way in hell we were in contention for the title. People use that label far to freely here.

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Excellent point, when did start setting the expectations so low. McFail has a championship roster assembled and it's up to him to motivate and strategize to accomplish that goal. Personally, I don't think him or his coaching staff is up to out coaching any of the teams in round 2.

HOWEVER, I LOVE THE ROCKETS TO DEATH

4. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

If you can't see that McHale has been a good coach this season and so far in this postseason, then you're blind by your own ego and agenda. McHale has made the right adjustments and gets the best out of his players. Smith, Brewer, Capela, Prigioni were all midseason additions but they were seamlessly integrated into the team. You think that just happens? If you played basketball in any organized format, you would know that players don't just start playing well together. Chemistry doesn't just happen. It's about the system, and so far McHale's system has been good for the team.

All that being said, I expect McHale to take us to the second round, and if we are to lose in the 2nd round, it should at least be 7 games. Anything less than that is a failure on his part and on the team.

5. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Lol at first everyone said Carlisle would run circles around McHale, but he has met the challenge. Now it's that a second round coach will run circles around McHale? With the exception of Pop, I don't see any NBA coach dominating McHale like you believe.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You think having Terry, Prigioni and Johnson at PG is a championship roster, with Capella and Dorsey as bigs, and you expect this roster to beat the Spurs, Clips, Warriors, Cavaliers, etc., because you think it is "a championship roster." You are upset that the Rockets are underachieving. Is that correct?

7. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Haters will dig up anything to talk **** about. Pretty ridiculous

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is all you have, people can drive home a reasonable point and all you can do is come back with the word hater. We are all Rockets fans here, you are telling me that there is nothing you don't like about this team at all??? If you criticize that thing are you then a hater?? Just because people criticize Mchale doesn't mean we are haters it just means we want the best for our team and we are not afraid to say so.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

When he does it against the Spurs, GSW or the Clippers in the playoffs he will be good, until then no. What does my ego have to do with this? You think I'm scared to praise the head coach of my favorite team in basketball?? How does that make sense, people should get praise when they deserve it. This team as they are constructed should be where they are standings wise. Mike B did more with Atlanta with a team who you would see as not as talented. That's why he is coach of the year. If we get past 2nd round Mchale is good, We get to the finals I will call him a great coach, because it will take some damn good coaching to get there. For our level of talent we should be where we are.

10. Airdough

Airdough Member

Its amazing how good of a coach Carlisle looks when he has a deep, flexible, and healthy roster like he had in 2011. The Rockets are beating the Mavs using the same flexibility that won it for the Mavs. The only two teams the Rockets would run into matchup issues with are the Warriors and Spurs because they don't have DMo or Beverely to fall back on.

I hope the Clippers beat the Spurs because the Rockets match up well and Rivers won't want to get into a hack a thon. A coach is only as good as what he has to work with and while the Rockets have a very good roster, it's not at the level of elite contender.

Before you say the offense is all Harden ISO, even Morey said today that the team does better with offensive flow and movement (concepts McHale shares and teaches).

11. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

No series lead is safe with this guy as our coach:eek::(

12. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

If we blow a 2-0 lead to the 7 seed mavs no way Mcfail is back. Trying to find the positive in a potentially pathetic situation.

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Nick Johnson... Do it McHale... Throw him in and see what happens.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'd say we have a ways to go before we blow our 2-0 lead.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

McHale has done a good job game planning, but as soon as our players panicked in the second quarter, he wasn't quick enough to call a timeout and get our players to buy into the system that got us those wins. That's one of his biggest faults, in my opinion.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden needs to stop with the pg position. He dribbles the ball really slow killing all kindz of open looks, fast break points, momentum... Prigs does a good job hurrying the ball half court and getting teammates involved. To me thats our biggest flaw. Defense takes a drop too when that ish happens

17. robinjaswal23

robinjaswal23 Member

MCHALE needs to call a timeout when offense isn't clicking.. The players had to call it one because they were gassed and 2nd b/c they didn't have a play

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Stop with the Harden playing pg. G sus Kryst

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

First quarter was interesting. Played off ball quite a bit and really went off.

Overall just a dominant Harden game. Good to see.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Things could be worse. McHale could be Carlisle and just forfeit a playoff game.