1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ban Charles, Kenny, and Shaq

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by solid, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Both Shaq and Chuck had to suck it up and give the Rockets their due. They kept a little tiny bit of their negativity in their commentary (Dwight needs to average more rebounds) but overall, they were complimentary to the winner, even though you can tell they hated having to say the good things they said. Barkley actually said they could win the Championship.

2. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Glad Barkley told the truth about Rondo and they give same credit, but I don't care either way, they're some of the dumbest TV personalities I've ever heard.

1 person likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Charles/Kenny : ""chances of Mavs winning the series ZERO"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t-U0Fd2MSEU?start=130" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#143 tinman, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  4. JazzLakerHater

Lol... You can tell Chuck really hopes that the Mavs come back, but deep inside he knows they don't have a chance.

1 person likes this.
  5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

The narrative is that Dallas is losing because of injuries? That's horse****. Why don't they talk about how Bev and DMo are out and how the Rockets are still kicking Dallas' ass.

6. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Cause they have two max contract players out. 95% of people who don't know houston doesn't know who bev or DMo is

7. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

That's correct, and sad. We have two stars, but a few really good role players that do contribute but don't get the recognition.

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Honestly, I feel like Chuck has been pretty good this playoffs. I mean, I haven't watched every second but when I have, he has been making some good fair points. I was expecting the usual "Dwight Howard doesn't know how to post up" or "the Rockets (owe me money) are not going to win in the playoffs" stupidity but overall, I feel like he has been talking sense.

I don't know, something feels different about watching him. Like he is more free or happy? Maybe he finally let go of his hatred for the Rockets or Les finally paid him his fabled money. LOL Either way, I hope it keeps up!

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ they found something else to rant about

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I used to watch the TNT shows, I never took their opinions seriously, but it was very amusing.

But Shaq has killed that show. He's no more knowledgeable than Barkley, and he's not as unintentionally funny. Kenny Smith at least tries to give insight and Barkley's goofiness made it really work. Now the tandem of Shaq and Barkley is idiot overload.

11. Ismail

Ismail Member

The worst was when Kenny was trying to explain that shooting 40% from 3 was equivalent to shooting 60% from the 2. He was saying how you can't let a team like GSW get that many more shot attempts (like 20 more?), because they'll catch up with you cause they can hit 3s. Essentially implying the offensive rebounds killed the Pels. Charles goes, "No that's irrevelant (misspelled on purpose), the reason they lost is cause they gave up 20 offensive rebounds." As Kenny tries explaining, "No that's irrevelant." Of course Charles doesn't like analytics.

Shaq and Chuck arguing about Rondo being engaged vs. not being engaged and whose fault it was is arguing for the sake of arguing. These guys are becoming less-educated versions of SAS and Skip. Just tossing out blanket, stupid statements that aren't backed up by anything besides their own stubbornness. I would love to see a JVG/Bill Simmons/Battier (or any former player that actually watches games -- Steve Smith, Reggie, etc.) halftime show. Give me insight on the game from more than one perspective. Ernie and, to some degree, Kenny are the only thing saving that show. It's clear the TNT crew barely watches the game.

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

This is a typical TNT show.

"Shaq: Charles Barkley said during Game 2 that Clippers would sweep Spurs" Yahoo.com

13. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

The TNT broadcast is the best thing that could happen to TV. Especially, sports television. It proves that "consumers" will tune in to listen/watch people speak on their own unadulterated honest opinion, without a need for a distilled, premeditated, and heavily edited version of "their" pre-approved vision.

And based on the popularity of the NBA on TNT in comparison to other competing telecasts, it seems that consumers PREFER an honest and personal assessment and the model has proven to be profitable regardless.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The only bad part about the TNT crew to me is Shaq.

I don't think he brings any knowledge to the broadcast, his voice is annoying over an extended period and he doesn't understand the concept of back and forth dialogue.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Completely agree. In general, over the years, Shaq as a media personality has always rubbed me the wrong way. He comes across as jovial and happy-go-lucky, but his takes are atrocious and he's literally dumber than a box of rocks. People like him because of the "Shaqtin-a-Fool" segments, but that's really just the production people finding funny clips and writing captions for him. The problem is that Chris Webber doesn't speak to the masses, so they had to put him in color commentary where his takes can't go above people's heads as much.

16. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Shaq to me has always come across as a bitter, insecure guy who tries to hide it by making dumb jokes and general clowning. It probably helped him succeed as a player because he needed to prove doubters wrong, but watching him in any other context, he just seems like a bully.

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Surprisingly, Chuck has been the biggest voice of reason so far. At least when he's wrong he admits it.

Shaq is super turrible and ignores any logic with zero insight. And he has the bias of petulant child against certain people, including DH of course. Also he's not funny although he thinks he is. Get rid of him because it interrupts the Kenny/Charles chemistry which was great.

18. SeabrookMiglla

i agree, he seems like an *******.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The TNT crew is great. Just don't take then too seriously.

20. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]
    <blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p>What Chuck and Kenny do at halftime... <a href="http://t.co/yuJHo0t4Pj">http://t.co/yuJHo0t4Pj</a></p>&mdash; NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/592103379481939968">April 25, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>