1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm blown away

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm blown away by the number of folks around here who are actually proponents of starting Patrick Beverley over Ty Lawson. Now, I'm not saying anything else just yet, as I want to get the thread going. But, you can bet I'll have plenty of input later.

2. Mr Chuck Norris

Downright insane if you ask me

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I think people are worried about what the offense looks like when Ty and harden sit more than wanting bev more playing time, for the most part at least

4. alethios

alethios Member

Question: is McHale a proponent of starting Bev over Ty? What would be the reason?

5. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I am open-minded, but the notion that a defensive guy is a better choice is stupid. If you are worried about the 2nd unit offense, don't be - Pat is going to be fine with the 2nd unit and if they get stops and run in transition with Brew, Bev KJ Jones etc we will be fine.

In half-court sets if on the floor Thornton can create and make plays. We are loaded

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Soon.

1 person likes this.
  7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

#soon

1 person likes this.
  8. Space City

Space City Member

I'm blown away that Gregg Popovich is actually a proponent of bringing someone as talented as Manu Ginobili off the bench for his entire career.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

So is Dragic not coming, then?

1 person likes this.
  10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Harden plays the whole first quarter, so Harden's minutes will be 1-12 1st, 7-12 2nd, i can see the argument for ty starting or being off the bench but i'm 99.9% certain ty will be playing 1-6 2nd, it's the rest how do people see?

11. malakas

malakas Member

I'm blown away that people think that a lineup of Bev-Brewer- KJ- Jones- Capella can be anything else than disastrous.
    I'm also blown away that people don't recognise that you need playmaking and that no matter who is named the "starter" Lawson will have to be on court a lot ot time with the bench.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The argument is sound.

The starting lineup doesn't need Lawson. The bench does.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Lawson is s the starter.

This isn't OKC. We aren't going to bring him off the bench behind sefalosha and then trade him for a bag of chips.

14. J Hard

J Hard Member

Different position that not as important as PG. No way in hell he would've/would ever have Parker come off the bench, your case is deceptively irrelevant.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm not going to say anything just, yet, either. Maybe later once the thread gets going.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Maybe the heat should have brought wade off the bench and started James jones or ray Allen. Probably would fit better next to lebron.

Maybe the cavs can bring kyrie off the bench to help playmake with the second unit.

Maybe had we signed or traded for Dragic or Lowry we'd have them coming off the bench too.

Lawson should be the starter. He's a much better player than Bev, but what you do is simply stagger their minutes. That shouldn't be difficult.

17. malakas

malakas Member

No it isn't. Because Ginobili is an excellent playmaker not a one dimensional scoring guard.

18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

There are preseasons for threads as well.

1 person likes this.
  19. val_modus

val_modus Member

Sources: this wouldn't be an issue with Rubio

20. Space City

Space City Member

Both Parker and Ginobili are capable of running an offense and one was chosen to come off the bench. Both Harden and Lawson are capable of running an offense. I don't see how it's that different.