1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela - Looking Good in Preseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKETrobert, Oct 8, 2015.

1. orosiriley

orosiriley Member

I agree, Capela could replace Dwight (if Durant is available)

I agree, let Dwight walk if he demands $30mm. If a redraft of 2014, Capela would be in the lottery. Maybe top 5.
    He can play low and not afraid to mix it up with the other centers

If Capela continues to develop at this rate and Dwight shows more injuries, the ball will be in our court next off season if Dwight demands $30MM a year.

Just let him walk and go get Durant with the absolute max or a stud PF

Lawson
    Harden
    Ariza
    Durant
    Capela[/QUOTE]

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I can tell you right now: CAPELA >>>>>>>> Greg Oden, Joel Embid, Nerlens Noel, Alex Len

3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I think harden really enjoys the pick and roll with Capela

Have both Capela and Howard on the floor would leave so many opportunities for James on the pick and roll because if they ease up on Dwight just a little he can score to, almost like pick your poison

Morey is stacking a dynasty. While Dwight begins to sail off into the sunset Capela will be hitting his prime. I would love to see that walker kid at the 4 and Capela on the court together, feel like no one could get a board and the fast break would be lethal

4. Raven

Raven Member

While everyone was squawking about reeling in Dwight, Morey quietly assembled the best group of young bigs in the league. :)

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And to think some dumbasses wanted Les to fire Morey. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

people focus so much on weight. today's NBA is so different from years past. i hope capela adds MAYBE 10 more lbs. I wouldn't sacrifice weight for his ELITE speed and quickness. I mean comon people, he stayed with STEPH CURRY one-on-one in the playoffs...

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You might be a Moridiot if .....

Seriously though if we just would have hired some of the geniuses that post here we would have not 1, not 2, not 3 but most likely all of the championships ever.

1 person likes this.
  8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Great nickname! :cool:

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't know who focuses on weight now, but Capella was skinny as hell last year and got abused down low. He do need to add some bulk. He's 240lbs now. I think he was 220lbs last year. Maybe another 10 lbs.

Mutombo is built somewhat like him just longer. Mutombo was only 260lbs I think.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Haha... still can't believe that after all the moves Morey has pulled to improve this team that anyone would be dumb enough to recognize that Les struck gold when he hired him. We are blessed as fans to have a GM like him as opposed to **** Smith.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

But but but we're going to waive Jones

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Add #1 Pick Anthony Bennett, too

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Mt Mutombo got his BS, MS, and PhD in the states at HoyaParanoiaU. Very big difference to the 'early years'.

14. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I see us playing Capela/Howard against Lma/Duncan and others like Anthony and stuff

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Don't worry, there's still some subtly saying he doesn't know what he's doing even after the WCF and getting Lawson this offseason.

16. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

yup i'd rather see him molded into a kg style freak defender than just a post defender.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

:confused:

Is he not being? He gets so low on the perimeter D and gets those hands working.

Or do you mean you want him to trash talk all game long ;)

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Oden before he got seriously hurt 6 years ago was pretty damn good. He had not only the height but the girth and timing to dominate in the post the way Shaq used to almost. I don't think Capela reached 2008-09 level Oden prior to devastating injury quite yet. Capela is about half of rookie Akeem Olajuwon at the moment.

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Good point, that kind of speed to stay with a guard on the perimeter as a center is something I think only Dream, Admiral, and Kevin Garnett could do regularly.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Hahahahaaa.......:grin: