1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm blown away

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Oct 7, 2015.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Well of course he didn't post any YET. He's just waiting for the thread to get going first

1 person likes this.
  2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Mop up time or mopping up the Parade route?

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hold on, I'm going to go make a thread about my opinion about your opinion. I'm not saying anything else just yet.

1 person likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

this means its entirely possible for ty not to start but still play almost 30 minutes a game with harden, ariza, pf, and dwight

i say start pbev to set the defensive tone and make wide open threes to open up the opposing team's defense

then bring in ty to play make with the 2nd unit

then have harden and ty close out the game together

5. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

So you want defence to start but not to finish the game? Who finishes the game is determine by who is playing the best and what we need to close it.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I said defensive tone.. pbev leads by example.. others will follow

and most likely Ty will be having a bigger impact so he'll be closing out games except for some few rare instances

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't see anyway ty is not the starter. I know some of you guys keep saying bev just to set the defensive tone but why not ty for the opposite? Set the offensive tone. I like bev a lot but he's a backup caliber player and thrives in being able to come in and harass opposing teams backups and occasionally against starters. His style of in your face defense will create more turnovers against backups than against Steph curry, cp3 and westbrook although I expect him to see plenty of time on them as well.

I really liked what I saw for a few minutes with ty playing with harden. Harden got a lot of easy catch and shoot opportunities he just missed. If those shots fall and they will it's going to be hell for other teams.

8. alethios

alethios Member

Hopefully, by "rare instances" you mean huge blowouts in which we're winning. Hopefully, those aren't so rare.

I thought we were stacked last season, but now it's amazing the multitudes of lineups we can have on the floor in a given situation. McHale will look like COTY this season.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The point everyone seems to be dancing around is this; THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS WHO PLAYS WHEN HARDEN SITS. We NEED someone who can playmaker when Harden rests and that will either be Lawson or D-Mo (when and if D-Mo comes back in form).

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Thread still not advanced enough for me to post...... but you bet your ass I will when it gets going.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Once you do post, expect me to make a thread announcing that I will make a later thread on my opinion of your post.

1 person likes this.
  12. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

There really is no reason for an offensive tone to be set by Lawson if Harden is starting. Harden sets a bigger offensive tone than anyone in the NBA, no reason to change that tone.

Another reason is because having two possible defensive sieves on the court to start the game would probably let our opponents set an offensive tone. Sure, Harden can play good defense, he doesn't a lot of the times still. Lawson has many restrictions on his defense.

Much easier for Lawson to be a 28-30 minute sparkplug off the bench, with Pat's, hopefully resumed, defense and corner 3's set to start with Harden ball domination.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Lawson should start.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

like what

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

It just doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. They are all going to play. If Ty wants to start, fine. He can play six minutes and then Bev can come in. However, we do need Ty to play when Harden sits. It shouldn't be hard figure out a rotation. I'm sure Bev has no problems coming off he bench. He's a team guy all the way.

16. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

So did Plowman ever come back to give us his thoughts?

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think he's waiting for someone to post Homer's theme song from when he was plowing snow off the roads. How'd it go? Mister ___ that's my name, that name again is Mister__???

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I don't have an opinion on this subject yet until I have some information to base it on.
    Ask me again a game or two into the regular season.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The thread hasn't "gotten going" enough, yet, for his real take. Plowman is a triple-digit pager, type of guy. And he'll want to add regular season analytics to his full input, later.

And you can believe that if Bev starts in the opener, this thread will explode to 100 pages before game 3.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That's not how it works ma'am and you know this. McHale will sit Harden and Lawson down at the same time. When Harden sits, Lawson will still be on the court. Once he brings Lawson to the bench Harden will come back in. Only way that doesn't happen is either they're in foul trouble or there's a blowout going on.