1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowe Post 10/6 with Brian Windhorst - Rockets are deep, championship?, Ty Lawson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SKTTLZ, Oct 7, 2015.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Robert Flores says hi ^

2. baubo

baubo Member

Let’s not get carried away here. Zach Lowe doesn’t hate. But he’s not a fan either. The Rockets deserves some talk, but the Warriors and to lesser extent Spurs and Thunder are more “proven” than us. The national media rarely hops on a bandwagon until it’s full anyway.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The Warriors proved last year. The Spurs have been proving for the last 16 years. The Thunder have proven nothing.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe he just has a weird voice then, maybe I'm crazy.

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

That wasn't Zach Lowe. It was Sam Amick.

Sam must've been in a bad mood and went after me when I pointed out that his (what I viewed as backhanded) compliment about Harden shooting more FTs than Lebron or Westbrook (each of whom had played fewer games) was an inevitable catalyst for idiot fans to criticize Harden for that. I was actually surprised by Sam's behavior, as he is typically a pretty good NBA writer.

Zach Lowe is the best national NBA writer working today, period. Love his work, which I think is very fair and balanced.

QFT.

Sadly, while I've had a couple of brief Twitter conversations with Zach, I doubt he even knows who I am. But I bet we'd be good buddies if he got to know me.

6. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Lowe is probably the best national NBA writer out there. I never really got a Rockets hater vibe from him. Isn't Sam Amick a Kings fan? I feel sorry for him.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

The fact that Zach Lowe even bothers to acknowledge that the Rockets are scary good on a national podcast should pretty much eliminate any notion that he's a hater.

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I also believe that ZLowe is currently the best NBA columnist and contrary to a highly sensitive yet seemingly vocal & growing segment of Rockets fans, is not biased against the Houston Rockets.

But contrary to my opinion or others, this segment of the fan base loves to decry every little perceive "hate & biases" against their teams... accusing decrying and complaining about everyone and everything of bias.

9. dmoneybangbang

That's every fan base that isn't on the West or East Coast.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He went through a stretch last season where he seemed to just stop caring about his job though. Maybe the complete lack of news from the off season has reinvigorated him, but man, that february to april stretch was painful.

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Did you actually read any of his responses or did you just post that to get attention?

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

These guys are really easy to listen to. Everything is well researched and supported opinion. Even that take that he couldn't pick the Rockets to win it all because of personalities is easy to swallow. I'd even have to agree.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think he and his wife had there first child.

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Dude, Lowe has strait up said he hates the rockets lol.

At least he owns it and has a reason for it. Even if I disagree I can respect that. What drives me nuts is when other guys over look or disrespect the rockets without giving any reason. Or sometimes even giving factually incorrect reasons (im talking to you TNT).

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Winning 56 games, the toughest division in sports, and two playoff series' is "unproven"?

GTFO