1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Texan Fans] Who Do You Hate More: The Cowboys or titans?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, Sep 27, 2007.

?

cowboys or titans?

1. I'm a Texan fan and I hate the titans more

23.5%
  2. I'm a Texan fan and I hate the cowboys more

66.7%
  3. I'm not a Texan fan so I really don't care

9.9%
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

For me, it's the titans in a landslide.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, there's really no rivalry since we never play them in the regular season. Plus, my hate for the Cowboys pales in comparison to the hate i have for the titans and their mountain-trash, inbreeding, moonshine runnin', banjo playin', johnny-come-lately fans along with their comb-overed, pan-faced, douchebag owner. :)

And don't flatter yourselves, Vince fans... it has nothing to do with him. NOTHING.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I hate the Cowboys just b/c they're from Dallas.

I absolutely abhor the Titans, and it has absolutely nothing to do with VY as some would like to think.

well, maybe a little.

3. updawg

updawg Member

Easy, Cowboys without a doubt. Not even VY being on that team could make me like them. Don't allow them on my fantasy team either.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's still the cowboys for me. I hate Bud Adams more than I hate the Titans. I still very much respect Jeff Fisher.

5. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Despite the move from Houston, I can't honestly say I hate the Titans. I hate the Titans OWNER (Bud Adams can burn in perdition, for all I care) and thus cannot cheer for the team, but I can't hate the players (they had no say in the move) or the fans (Tenessee folks just wanted some football).

However, I despise, detest, abhor and loathe the Cowgirls with the intensity of a thousand suns. My wife is a Redskins fan and I'm a Texans fan, so hating the Cowgirls is a prerequisite to be allowed entrance into our home.

Cowgirls = :mad:

6. macalu

edit: ima, i didn't even finish reading your post, before replying b/c i knew it was the Titans. i just realized we posted the same VY line. :)

oops...clicked the wrong button.

7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hate anything in Dallasshole.

8. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

I don't understand the hatred for the Cowboys. I hate them...don't get me wrong. I mostly hate their obnoxious fans...the same way I hate the Aggies fans.

BUT, we play the Titans twice a year..every year. They are our natural rival. We play the Cowboys what? Every four years? Also we should hate Manning and the Colts more.

Who cares about the Cowboys. It's the Titans, Jags and Colts I'm looking at.

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Well put and I agree.

10. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I'm driving up I-45, I start getting my hate on once I pass Centerville. That's about the point when you can start smelling the Cowboys stench.

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Dallas sucks.

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

IMO Bud Adams wiped the slate clean when he drafted VY. Plus we (Houston) now have a "better" owner, right?

13. msn

msn Member

ROFL  

14. msn

msn Member

There is no slate. We shattered over his head.

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I'm a huge Texans fan..

I think the Cowboys are alright, they're in the NFC...no reason to totally hate them. I've liked Romo since his 1st year there, so it's cool seeing him succeed. I like the way Barber runs the ball.

Titans.. definitely don't hate. Vince is part of that. I could see hating them if they became a perennial opponent for the division title.

Really, I don't have hate (unless play determines it like Karl Malone made me hate the Jazz) until OUR team (Texans) is doing well enough to compete perenially. Then I hate the teams that are always up there against us, cause they will inevitably start saying stuff to each other in the spirit of competition.

16. macalu

on monday night, someone asked me why i wanted the Titans to lose so bad. his reasoning for why i shouldn't was b/c they used to be from Houston and they have Vince Young. :rolleyes:

i was going to get into a reasonable debate with him, then realized, this fool isn't even 21 so how could he possibly understand.

17. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

The Cowtans.

I hate 'em both equally.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The Titans, echoing the first two posts. It has absolutely nada to do with VY for me. I wanted VY to go to any other of the 29 teams if he wasn't going to be a Texan. It's not his fault he was drafted by a division rival that used to be our team, but he was. So, he's the enemy until he plays for a non-divisional rival that didn't used to be our team.

I love how some VY fans are so arrogant to think that the only reason a good number of Texans/ex-Oilers fans only hate the Titans because of him.

19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm a fan of the Texans and the Cowboys.

I was a fan of the Oilers and Cowboys before bud screwed us out of our team.

I've had season tickets for all three teams.

Love the Texans

Love the Cowboys

Buck Fud and the Titans.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I hear the same kind of thinking all the time (my fiance asked me the same question Monday night) and I really don't understand it.

It would be like if your wife left you for another man and every year after that, you paid for their Valentines dinner and bought them both Christmas gifts. Oh yeah, and they both live next door to you (because the titans are in our division).