1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solution: Don't give them money

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dachuda86, Apr 19, 2016.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not happy with a product? Don't buy it. Stop buying tickets, merchandise, and anything else that gives Les money. Give that money to other teams you like and stop wasting your money on this garbage. The team did the fans a huge disservice this year and don't deserve support right now. When they start showing they care, then you can give them money. I'm done with this squad, this coach, this manager, and this owner.

I suggest booing you team as well. Stop being supportive of a group of people who are embarrassing your city.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

right now all chips are in on durant. anything else and this franchise is drowning in indescribable failure. if morey doesn't deliver KD, imo he should be replaced. he let things get so bad and has let it drag on and on all to preserve his precious capspace for 2016. his tenure therefore hinges on signing durant, or he's toast.

3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

they are not the 76ers but they played the fans like violin thinking this team with scrub lawson was going to dethrone the warriors and take over the west. What a horrible season.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So not one nickel or dime then?

DD

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Idiots. Moreys team was only in the WCF last year. Tweaked n supposedly upgraded team. When your top guys are not leaders, the pack doesn't follow.

1 person likes this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Durant isnt coming. Move on.

7. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Les forced Morey to fire McHale. Of course Morey is going to take the blame, but Les got greedy and impatient. McHale was a victim of his own success. McHale wouldn't even have the team looking this bad. We played better defense, and we were not as dysfunctional as we are right now. Don't blame Morey for what Les did (or is doing).

Coaching is more important then what people realize. Carlisle has a team that is not nearly as talented as this one, but he manages to get the most out of them. If Morey can find a coach that can do the same, we will be in a good place and can hopefully convince Durant to sign.

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Lol I hate this "we were in WCF". We got sooooo lucky. Do you remember the season at all. We had same problems, same stupid system, same dumb coaching, we just got lucky.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

How can I boo them if I don't give them any money by not going to the game?

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Give them cans to kick instead!

11. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Not spending any money on tickets & memorabilia isn't going to do anything. With these TV deals in place the NBA and it's teams will continue to profit. It would take half the nation cancelling their cable. The Disney/ABC/ESPN monster can't be stopped.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

A half empty arena will send a message.

13. Sanity2disChaos

When will everyone realize last year was Hardens "I'm here" year in the NBA. This year he is no longer a guest but has made himself fat And comfortable on the living room sofa.

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

but you're not a true fan if you dont support your team no matter how much they treat their fans like ****. YOU'RE ALL TERRIBLE FANS! im gonna go to game 3 and 4 with my jb brewer jersey and im gonna CHEER HARDER! :CLAP CLA:

15. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Free Tickets!!!!! :grin:

My power went out when the game started and never came back on last night. Never imagined something like that would ever make me happy (after seeing the low lights)

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its one bad year and all indications were they were giving the fans a quality product at the beginning of the year.

And a big reason why Les is so in love with always having stars on the team is due to the fan perspective of attending games, youngsters who are just learning the game, and the fans that don't have the bandwidth to follow the game but want the experience of going to a game but don't know NBA role players. You the hardcore clutchfans NBA junkie might not care, but to those that don't get to go to games all the time, it makes the experience of going to an NBA game if you have the star experience.

If you are talking about community service & outreach programs the team does, what is going to bring out more people... an appearance of KJ McDaniels or a big star personality like Dwight Howard.

To Say that Les doesn't care about fan experience is a slap in the face to a guy who has proven himself to do everything else to prove likewise. The move from JVG to Adelman was driven by fan experience as well.

Let's face it... the players are going to get their money either way. Its on them and the coaches... and since they have dissapointed us and Les Alexander they will ALMOST all be gone shortly I can guarantee that much. (other than Harden who for many reasons will be given another shot).

So don't give Les your money if you don't want to, but in the end it doesn't really matter. The players (the ones at fault) are going to get paid, the coaching staff and the front office are going to try and save face and defend themselves that they ACTUALLY did a good job, and their team is SECRETLY good, and Les the one guy who probably has our backs the most is the one you want to punish. Everyone else in the organization for the most part is concerned with themselves, and it shows.

While Les is concerned with himself as well, his motives and the branding of his franchise directly line up with your fan experience. He's in it for the long game to build a brand that can hold up long term like the Lakers or Celtics, etc. and the way that is accomplished is through the legacy carried by the fans. You know what will continue to uphold the Lakers through these next few laughable seasons at the bottom of the barrel and keep their brand big enough to survive... the fans.

Les isn't a perfect owner by any stretch but he's by far got the best intentions of caring about fan experience of anyone else in the organization.

#16 dobro1229, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sure, the contract is big. But, arena ticket sales go to the Rockets. It's nothing to sneeze at. Also, it's flat embarrassing to not have fans show up at your games. If the city boycotted the team, they would do something drastic to break the boycott.

But, there won't be any boycott. Some people will go no matter what. Some people will go when the ticket prices are low enough. And all the corporations who have season tickets or suites will still buy them, and will send people to fill them -- if not execs, then salesmen and their clients, and if not them, it's a nice goodwill gesture to let the accountant of the mailroom clerk go. So, yeah it'll work, but fans are in no position to make a coordinated effort to force the company's hand.

I don't think it matters anyway. The franchise and the owner want to win. They sometimes don't know how to. Les and Morey (if he's still around) will make more moves to try to win again. They'll do the best they can and they may or may not succeed. Feel free to not give your money to a loser. That's what I chose years ago. But, in the meantime, any boycott might make the Rockets move with more urgency, but not with any more success. If anything, the pressure will make them make sub-optimal choices.

1 person likes this.
  18. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Warrior fans travel well. Let the Warrior fans have Toyota Center.
    Just, for christs sake, get this season over with and put us out of our misery.
    It's over

19. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

This is gonna be one disappointing off-season.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Most definitely.

I am turning into a Celtics fan, b/c I like their coach and their heart. At least they are watchable. And I hated those Celtics for sooo many years.