1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about Darko Milicic????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by el_locoteee, Feb 2, 2008.

1. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

This is a crazy thought but with Memphis cleaning up salaries, how about Darko Milicic in a trade for Mike James

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1051~2171&teams=29~10&te=&cash=

Or Snyder and James for Milicic

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2171~1051~2445&teams=10~29~29&te=&cash=

Memphis get a expiring Contract in Snyder and a lower Salary in Mike James 2 Year with a player option for the 3rd.

Then they can use Mike James to get another expiring contract from a 3rd team

Houston get a legit young back up center, letting Scola and Landry to split the time at the 4th and helping Yao to play less minutes because you can have a block shot present when Yao is taking a rest and dont need to rush Yao back in because the lack of inside defense. This trade also help fight the future Byum, Gasol combination of LA, at least you can have a defense answer for this such combination.

Instead of wasting money on two player that we don't going to play, we can have a short minute rotation guy.
    I know he will be overpaid but right now we are overpaying for two player getting 0 minutes. Why not overpay for a player getting at least 10 to 13 minutes a game and a solid backup for Yao.

Just a thought, (a crazy one)

2. amathie

amathie Member

how does mike james' 3 years contract to help them clean up salaries?? He will take the optional year.

3. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I think the Rockets are weakest at the PG spot. What I'd like to see is a veteran PG who will take over and run the offense.

4. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I'd rather get a deal for Mike Miller than get Darko..what we need now is a good dependable 3pt shooter and be a consistent 3rd option

5. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Is about a mil less, but I think they can have another team involve that are interesting in Mike James

6. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

O yes Mike will be great but they will want some of our young pieces in the deal. Mike have more value than Darko.

7. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

^ if they gave Pau for 2 late picks and Kwame "butterfingers" Brown, I dont see how they cant give up Miller for Snyder and a couple of picks too.. Im not sure how that adds up salary wise but throwinga filler is ok.

8. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I think we should go after Mike Miller too. Offer them Snyder, Francis, and Bonzi + picks! Offer them anyone and everyone outside of Ming, Mac, Landry, Scola, Battier, and Brooks.

9. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Doesn't work straight up

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=558~2445&teams=10~29&te=&cash=

This is they only way it work with 3 expiring contract.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...=558~255~2445~901&teams=10~29~29~29&te=&cash=

10. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Dude. I'd rather have someone on the bench that's proven and has played 0 minutes for the past 4 weeks, but when someone goes down injured they can turn on the engine, and I know Mike James can still do that..

I'd take Scola or Landry or almost even Hayes over Milicic any day of the year. He'd have as much of a chance on the rotation as Kirk Snyder has right now. He's been playing for 5 years in the NBA. He has an awesome career high 21 points.

22 or not, he's had his chances to prove himself and his only appeal is to those that see his age and jism themselves because they think anyone thats young will blossom like NBA 2K8 says they will... /signed Kwame Brown

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Darko is top 6 or 7 in blocks per game. But... Nah

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

This trade makes no sense for either team. Memphis is blowing up the team to go with their youth movement. The last time I checked, Milicic is young.

The Rockets have no need for PF now that Landry and Scola have stepped up. As a backup C to Yao, Milicic makes no sense.

Among the players Memphis might be willing to part with, Mike Miller remains the only reasonable player for the Rockets.

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Rockets needs:

1) Point guard
    2) Good outside shooter

14. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

We need a Kyle Korver .. Mike Miller is a good option.

No good veteran PGs out on the market. Unless Morey can pull of a trade as good as the Lakers one

15. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

16. landoo

landoo Member

Milicic can replace Yao when yao have rest in the game... ;)

17. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

I read the headline and expected the thread starter's post to be...

"NOT!"

18. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

No way do the Grizz want another PG if unless they have an expring contract. Your trade would leave them with Conley, Lowry, Navarro, Crittenden, and James. It would also mean they traded away their two biggest players and leaves them with no one in the post.

19. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

It doesn't look like they are looking for many post players. It looks like they are going the Golden State Warriors way in terms of playing basketball.

20. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

There's speculation that Memphis is having a fire sale, in anticipation of selling the team to new ownership down the road.