1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Ariza?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, Apr 9, 2016.

?

Would you trade Ariza to move up in draft?

Poll closed Apr 10, 2016.
  1. Yes

68 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Totally agree with this. Yhat's why something like Pat, Harden, Durant with Trevor from the bench (ala Iguodala) to play small ball would be huge. Anyway we need a quality player to start next to Harden in the backcourt.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No no no no no way! He is our best defensive player!!!!!

3. pass_to_Hakeem

Daryl prob would!!

but he is the only player on this team with heart & fight!!!

NO!!!

4. basketballholic

Rubio, Harden, Ariza, Durant, Howard (or Sanders or some other stud rim defender...perhaps Whiteside?)

This is my dream team. Rubio at the 1, Ariza at the 3, with a stud rim protector at the 5....and super stud offensive scoring dynamos at the 2 and 4. (Really leaning towards Whiteside in this lineup because Whiteside can actually shoot and spread the floor as well offensively.)

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Or get lucky. You also have to have the right coaches to help develop the talent.

6. wny

wny Member

Depends what pieces we could get for him. ATM he and D12 are the #2 options.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

No I would make James play D, if I'm Ariza I'm pissed at James being given the opportunity to turn the ball over at will, play a 1 man zone, take shots as he pleases and throws the ball to me with 0.3 left on the shot clock.

When we play D and rebound, we will win consistently.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Huh, you mean like Parsons?

No wonder some of us knew this a couple of years ago, eh?

DD

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Hell No.

Good contract. Does everything asked of him and more. He's sometimes our second-leading scorer.

Chemistry is good to have. Obviously, Trevor isn't the best offensive player, but he gets the job done. He's a quality "asset," if you're looking at it from that point of view.

And, admittedly, I'm a fan of hard workers. It's the same as when Ron-Ron was here. He went to war every night. How many guys on the team can you say that for? Only a few of which include Trev.

10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

At the current moment? Nah.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can agree with this too, i like Rubio even if he does have some flaws. I also agree with you about the idea that Harden can benefit playing more off ball (at least a little bit), and i think Morey and Harden have a similar idea, if not, the Lawson trade wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I'm just not sure about Rubio AND Durant...Durant is as great as Harden in drawing fouls, and i fear a third ball dominant player will be too much IN THAT scenario, especially if we'll sign a good post scorer/passer like Horford...just my two cents obviously.

12. rocketseagles07

I would. Something isn't right and it's really hard for me to decide what it is. I know it's chemistry, but on top of that we aren't winning with this group of players. I love bev, ariza, d-mo, etc. but something has to change. I think ariza is like bev, do I mind keeping him know but we should try to upgrade.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'd trade anybody depending on the return.
    There are very few players on the planet you wouldn't say that about.
    Probably only 1 - Steph Curry. Because you'd trade basically every other player in a one on one deal for Steph Curry. Maybe you might make a couple of exceptions...

That said, looking at it with a little more nuance... the answer is still yes.... but you'd rather not. His contract is really really good.

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He's not untouchable. What do you need a declining vet on a good contract for if you have gaping holes in most positions?

15. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I like Ariza. But he has much more value to a team with most of the pieces who need a proven vet to help them make a deep playoff run.

What value does he have with a broken down roster where only a handful of players may be returning the following year, especially if he's declining with age?

16. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I would trade anyone for the right price.

That said, I think Ariza is one of those guys who has more actual value than trade value. The kind of offers we'd get for him would be fairly scoff-worthy to those who have seen him often holding things together over the last few years.