1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Update and Appreciation]My mom.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I wanted to take a moment to thank Clutch, the moderator team, and all the Clutchfans out there for all the help and support you gave me while getting through the my moms dementia, her near death episode, and the troubles with the adjustment that my family had to make.

Considering her degenerative condition, she's doing well. She was in the hospital in October for a week because of a serious bladder infection and dehydration, and we had a huge falling out as a family. Mom got a feeding tube and has been looking better. She doesn't look so sunken and dehydrated all the time. She had to go into hospital late December for a week because her tube came loose, and neither my dad or my sister told me about it, which bothered me, and that's when I decided, I would go visit mom when I could, and they would do the caretaking.

A week ago was my parents anniversary and all my brothers and sisters got together with the some of the extended family to celebrate. It was a nice time, and the following week, my baby sister came into town with her 3 kiddos, 5, 4, and 2. My older brother still takes no initiative to spend any quality time with mom, and his kids and wife are non existant for the last 3 years.

My dad is able to get a provider for a few hours everyday to come in and help with mom, and he and my sister are taking care of her and cleaning her at all other times.

I've been able to resume some normalcy in my life...I traded in the rust bucket I was driving to upgrade to good used 4x4. My basketball season is over, and I've just booked a 5 day trip to Vegas in June for me and my GF, whom I've since moved in with.

My boys are in HS now, and both are doing well. We don't spend much time together, but we stay in contact, and I know they have their hs activities going on. Anytime they ask, we get together and spend time. Once I get my boat going again, we'll be spending some days on the water.

Thanks for all the support CF! Regardless of the different opinions, especially in the D&D, CF really is like a large, dysfunctional family, and I appreciate everything you've done.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

That's great news Falcon. You deserve the best!

Hope you continue having good days ahead

3. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

hey I wasn't involved in any way with this and had no idea you were going through this, but this seemed like a thread worth bumping. All the best to you!

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Rock on man, goodluck

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Glad everything is going as well as can be, FalTal!

6. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Good to hear man!

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Roc on indeed! It's great to her that everything is going well.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good to hear that things are getting better for you and your family. Also glad that you're taking care of yourself. Being a care giver is a very tough job and it's good to keep some balance in your life.