1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] Mutombo guarantees there will be a game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, May 1, 2008.

1. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

#1 Hilltopper, May 1, 2008
    Last edited: May 1, 2008
  2. YugoRocketsFan

Lets hope he is right.

3. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

plz no jinx

4. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

please no guarantees before a game is played!

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I remember he said Yao would have a good game in like game 3 or something, he scored 30something.

6. lastmanstanding

7. prs325

prs325 Member

Man, I hate it when any of the Rockets predicts something :mad: . Focus on the next game. Whatever happened to stay hungry and humble.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

talk about media twist....

he says if we do this, if we do that, if we do this, then I guarantee we will be coming back here to play

hilltopper got me! :p I thought he was really saying it!

I have faith that all those things he wants us to do will happen though ;)

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Well I'm sure that'll be in the Utah locker room. Thanks Deke.

10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

If anyone needs to play on fire it's gonna be Deke.. let him get riled up. Hopefully we can keep them away from easy baskets they've been getting.

11. rocketrazorback

rocketrazorback Contributing Member

Did yall hear Tmac's comment about the biggest adjustment with playing in Utah is the altitude??? I found that comment to come out of left field. What do you guys think. Also the point that one of Tracy's teammates told him that he needs to get 40 points in Utah and the rest of the team will take care of the homecourt. Interesting.

12. zack15432

zack15432 Member

gotta love Mutombo. hpe he is right. if we bring it home i am going and i will wear a Mutombo jersey

13. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

aww shiii..if tmac would drop 40 that would be amazing..but my expectations never been met :( :(

14. poprocks

poprocks Member

Don't mind Mutumbo saying this. Shades of Muhammed Ali when he guaranteed victory and then backed it up.

15. MystikArkitect

So much for staying hungry and humble...

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's totally unnecessary to say these things,Boozer said that they wouldn't come to Houston. There is no reason to give extra motivation to the Jazz. Games are never won off the court. I know he is trying to help his teammates but this can backfire and put extra pressure on our team.

17. codell

codell Contributing Member

I hate guarantees. Whats the point in making them?

Why give the other team material, especially when they are in the driver seat?

Make your guarantee statement on the court!

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Bad thinking on part of our guys,they need to score big in Utah in order to take pressure off from Tracy. This makes me wonder what is the mindset of the team going into this critical game.
    Focus on the job,you can do it.

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Mutombo talks like a fricking King Kong, maybe we all heard wrong

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i dont mind anyone saying this, i didnt mind when boozer said it either really. you need to have confidence in yourself and your teammates and its not like either boozer or deke went overboard with their statements.

for boozer your team which is known as a poor road team won 2 games on the road and was going home where they had the best home record in the league for the next two games, where they swept the rockets last year in the playoffs so it wasnt really a far fetched idea that he said they werent coming back to houston.

deke has to have confidence in himself and his teammates that there will be a game 7, game 6 is going to be the hardest fought game of the series. Jazz do not want to come back to houston, the rockets do not want to end their season.

its not like he said there will be a game 7 because we are going to come into utah and mop the floor with those flopping SOBs. final score 100 to 70 book it!