1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John McCain for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mc mark, Jan 3, 2007.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

The Vanity Fair article.

It's long but here's an excerpt.

http://www.vanityfair.com./politics/features/2007/02/mccain200702?currentPage=1

In mixed company, he does not shrink from a good "*******" or two, and in male company, considerably coarser discourse comes easily to his lips (cocky jet jockey that he once was). He is a man of strong opinions, strongly expressed. "Most current fiction bores the **** out of me," he says in a small plane somewhere over New England.

In front of an audience of Republican worthies in Appleton, Wisconsin, he calls the leader of North Korea a "pip-squeak in platform shoes," and in seconding my view that Islamabad has limited charms, he volunteers that the Pakistani capital "sucks."

At a nascar race in New Hampshire, he introduces Bobby Allison, "the greatest driver in the history of racing," to one of the journalists following him that day, declaring, "This is Adam Nagourney, New York Times. They're a Communist paper, but he's O.K."

He introduces his friend Senator John Sununu, of New Hampshire, son of the famously bumptious former White House chief of staff, to a group of supporters by saying, "You can be very proud of him, and thank God he inherited his mother's temperament."

To a gathering of businessmen he says, "I want to keep health-care costs down until I get sick, and then I don't give a *******," and to a group of college kids waiting to have their pictures taken with him, he growls good-naturedly, "All right, you little jerks!"

On a charter jet above Iowa, he reads aloud a headline from USA Today: actor [wesley] snipes faces indictment on tax fraud charges, then mutters, "All our childhood heroes--shattered!"

----------------

So what do you think kids? Presidential material?

2. mc mark

Oops! Mods please move.

:eek:

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Keep D & D civil.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Crappy thread.

5. mc mark

I know!

6. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

He should just end the charade of calling himself a republican and run as a democrat.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I know, I was about to say the same thing

8. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

alston is now 1 for 7

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The world has gone mad! Mad!!! :eek:

:D

10. mc mark

rhino just out of curiosity why do you think McCain's more a democrat than a republican?

Ace you can chime in too.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Keep the Hangout Stupid.