1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has your stance on gay marriage changed?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Jun 27, 2015.

Tags:
?

Has your stance on gay marriage changed?

1. I have always supported gay marriage.

59.3%
  2. I now support gay marriage but was previously against it

12.6%
  3. I have never supported gay marriage.

14.8%
  4. I do not like it but do not really care.

13.3%
  1. cml750

cml750 Member

Curious who has changed their mind on gay marriage, who has always supported it, who has alway been against it, and who doesn't care. Obama was against it at one time and now is for it. I think everyone knows my stance.

#1 cml750, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since when? My stance hasn't changed because of the USSC decision. My stance on homosexuality has changed since I was teen as I was homophobic as a kid.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not really. I always though man-woman and same-sex couples should be treated identically under the law. Whether it was called "marriage" or something else, to me, wasn't relevant, but it should be called the same thing for everyone. The other option, which I rather liked in the past, was to remove marriage as a legal institution altogether. My opinion has shifted away from that option.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

I would say you were against it and are now for it.

5. cml750

cml750 Member

I doubt anyone has changed their mind based on the court decision but some may have changed their mind over the course of time as Obama has.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes 20+ (boy do I feel old) years ago I was against it. 15 years ago I felt it should be a state by state issue but for the last 10 years I've been for it nationwide.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The court decision is more like a reflection of the change in public opinion on the subject matter

I'm actually pretty impressed at the level of progress on the matter, I was always taught homosexuality is not normal as a kid, I frankly don't care for it now. As far as marriage goes, I never thought it was fair that people can't get certain government benefits because of their sexuality.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I was for civil unions before and now gay marriage. I used to think that civil unions were close enough but I've changed my mind since.

9. Faust

Faust Member

I changed my mind a few months ago. Just started interacting with them a lot more and not thinking about them doing it because I think that's disgusting but when you think about it why not be disgusted at most ugly married Straight people doing it. If you are polygamist, gay, whatever i dont care.

1 person likes this.
  10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you think about your parents having sex or you walk in on them having sex as a child it would disgust you, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be married. I think the biggest problem is people think its disgusting and so they hate it but no ones asking or forcing anyone to be gay. Who cares who someone else marries. I've never understood how a party who wants smaller government also wants the government to tell people who they can or cannot marry.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I never had a stance on gay marriage and still don't. I do have a stance on having compassion, understanding and supporting individual freedom as long as they don't cause harm to others. For that, the idea that gay was discriminated against by laws wasn't something I could ever support. And the idea that folks rather hold their religious beliefs firm at the cost of allowing or causing individual to suffer isn't attractive and to me, and is not something I view in high regards. Hate and discrimination in any form, through any means, excused or exercised by any power, god or not, isn't alright in my book.

1 person likes this.
  12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Politicians dont change their mind. They only change their voting/support potential.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I believe the laws need to be rewritten to include everyone, not just straight and gay couples. They also need to be rewritten to help couples divorce. The old laws were written for families with "till death due us part" in mind. As much as liberals claim to be "progressive", they find it very important to hold on to this broken system.

Gay marriage effects barely a single digit percent of the population. The broken system now effects over 50% of the married couples that end up in divorce. If anyone truly cared about the rights of anyone, they would have choose to rewrite the laws.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What do you mean by 'stance'?

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I was for it, but now I'm against it.

16. cml750

cml750 Member

I am not sure what you are asking????:confused:

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well, you state in the op that we all know your stance -- i've always thought you had a wide stance on the issue so I was just looking for some clarification.

1 person likes this.
  18. cml750

cml750 Member

Oh, okay. I am against it. I always have been and always will be but I will not lose any sleep over the matter. It is religious matter with me. I posted the poll because views on gay marriage seem to have dramatically changed in the last few years. I thought it might be interesting to see how many have changed their minds on the subject.

1 person likes this.
  19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The low rumble you feel in the distance is King Cheetah's belly laughter echoing through time and space.

1 person likes this.
  20. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

My answer is not in your poll. I didn't care either way before, and I still don't care either way now.