1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Tyson

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by crums17, Aug 28, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

I realize this was all a little before my time, but has anyone else been watching the ESPN Classic Tyson/Ali coverage this weekend. I've been glued to that damn tv watching Mike knock dudes out all day. So who was better, Ali or Tyson? I'll decide tomorrow when they start shwoing some Ali fights.

2. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

3. Fatty FatBastard

I remember watching the Tyson - lewis fight. My brother, who is 11 years my junior, thought that Tysdon was a siseshow. He had no idea how much fun it was to watch Tyson in his heyday.

For a four year period, (85-89), there was never a better fighter to watch. He was that dominant. Spinx, anyone?

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

An in-his-prime Ali would have butchered him.

5. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I think Forman in his prime would kill Tyson.

I always thought that the majority of Tyson's fights were with scrubs. Don't get me wrong, he was fun to watch.

My point is that stylistically, Tyson and Ali are different boxers. Ali would have out-smarted Tyson and allowed Tyson to where himself out (ala Forman) and then when Tyson had nothng left, Ali would have delivered the final blow.

Tyson is a striker. Ali is a boxer.

IMO

6. Fatty FatBastard

It's Foreman.

To anyone who thought Tyson fought scrubs, you're kidding yourself. Tyson made everyone else look like scrubs.

7. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Damnit, I hate when I start kidding myself because I it affects my spelling.

Perhaps, Tyson did leave the impression that everyone was scrubs. I was never particularly impressed with his opponents. I mean no disrespect to Tyson at that time.

I just believe that Foreman would have given Tyson hell.

I guess hindsight is.....

8. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Tyson was a boxer until Cus D'Amato died. After that, though, it was all down hill...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.