1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dilemma: Kyle Lowry vs. Goran Dragic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Apr 7, 2012.

?

If you had to pick one.. Who would you rather have as our long term point guard?

1. Kyle Lowry

58 vote(s)
    24.9%
  2. Goran Dragic

175 vote(s)
    75.1%
  1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Now this is a very tough choice but i have a feeling that the Rockets would choose Kyle. Of course they would rather keep both but that would be unfair to either one who will basically just be the 2nd point guard on the team.

I say keep both, sign Dragic to an enticing contract and eventually trade one of them for a superstar. But it's really up to Gogi come off-season.

2. smokieethabear

I like Goran, if we are to trade for a superstar, trade Kyle. Just my opinion though.

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I meant keep both then include either one in a package for a superstar.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

circumstances have changed alot. gogi won't net us anything if he leaves while klow could net us quite a bit. gogi is also more than capable to be the guy. gotta go with gogi.

5. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

Pay Goran and trade anyone not named Parsons to get it done.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

its sunch a common sense decision that you have to beleive the FO does it right.
    You either sign Dragic and trade Lowry for a star level player.
    Or
    you keep Lowry and let Dragic just walk away.

Which one nets you more talent?

1 person likes this.
  7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I couldn't have said it better myself. As long as Goran keeps playing at this level Morey will never let him walk for nothing.

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I wonder a team would throw out a figure that is ridiculous enough to match or beat. With Gogi being unrestricted. Would hate to lose this stud!

Heck, if he was playing for New York, his performance/stats as a starter will be all over the news. Goranzilla!

9. fchowd0311

The only thing I am afraid of is Dragic is unrestricted. That means he can do whatever he wants. The Rockets can offer him more money but if he for some reason happens to love playing for another team(Suns) it will be totally out of Morey's hands. That is why Morey needs to start discussions with Dragic NOW. He needs to tell him that you have a guaranteed starting job here and you will be our pg long term. Having success in the playoffs will help also. If Dragic can see this team going deep in the playoffs next season that will definitely help him make his decision.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

We had this thread just less than a week ago.

The answer is if we can keep both, then keep both.

The way Dragic is playing, it makes sense to pay him.

Start Dragic and Lowry, Dragic is a combo guard and he can play the two.

11. fchowd0311

NO NO NO!. Where is this idea that "Dragic can play 2" comes from. Sure he has the height, but it will totally under utilize his skill set. He is a off the dribble playmaker. That is his game. I can't see Dragic in the catch and shoot role much.

12. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

i think this is our best chance to get a star by including kyle in a trade package, keep goran and use kyle to get us a star

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He has always been a combo guard. He played SG several times in the national team.

He himself says he doesn't mind playing SG, which he has done along with Kyle.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Htc0vCp0eGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Both. Thats who I want. Hell start them both for all I care.

15. houstunnin

houstunnin Member

Keep Em both I dont care..Morey Gonna give him his money...

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Who I want? Both.

Realistically? Dragic.

He is bigger, better at finishing, better at staying in front of his man, the offense looks better with him (Scola looks better, Parsons looks better, Bud looks better, Pat looks better, Lee looks better, hell even Dalembear looks better).

I am a HUGE Kyle Lowry fan but I really am convinced that Goran will be better.

Dragic is the greatest PG this team has had since Sam Cassell with Lowry at 2nd.

17. houseofglass21

Dragic has stepped up and shown that he is the better player. Do you ever see Dragic barging thru the lane throwing up a half-assed shot and flopping trying to get a foul? No, he finishes strong. Do you see him whining to the refs every 10 seconds like Lowry? No, he mans up and makes a great play instead.

18. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

He has the size to play the 2. We've seen that and he has proven he can do it. Because of that plus he is an effort guy that happens to play defense too, you cant afford to let him just walk. Then factor in how the front office must feel about letting Lin slip away from them, and there is no possible way they let him walk. At the very worst the offer him about as much as Kyle theb you simply trade Martin for something useable.

Lowry, Scola, Parsons and not Dragic are "culture" guys on this team and are the reasons we have the team identity we do now.

They will pay Dragic, its really a matter if he wants to stay, or if he wants to go to a situation where he doesn't share time or is the clear cut starter with a sorry backup.

19. houstunnin

houstunnin Member

Sergio Llull don't forget about him.....so its a hard descion for morey if Sergio comes next year.....

20. houstunnin

houstunnin Member

Yeah if we get a superstar Lowry should Join sorry Lowry...you're good but..gragic will do...and he seem more clutch.