1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xfinity Cable and alarm

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigSherv, Aug 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Anyone jump to Xfinity yet? Uverse is not in the neighborhood I am moving too. Xfinity is. Their alarm system seems awesome but pricey.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

They just sent me a letter saying they were upping the price of the alarm monitoring by $10, 50% :eek: but, that because I such a valued customer, they will give me a $10 discount for 12 months. :rolleyes:

Such a hard choice, I want Uverse for TV but I've had my Comcast email for ever and have that address with a hundred people and companies.

If I had a do over I would use a Gmail address and swap back forth from different services to keep getting the introductory rates.
    I could pay under $50 for what I now pay almost $200 for.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I just moved into a new place and sadly could not get Uverse or Dish, so got stuck with Comcast.

Xfinity internet is nice and fast, but the cable has already been acting up quite a bit.

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i hate xfinity and that i have to use their POS controller for each of the TVs. it doesn't have any features besides a "last" button.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Comcast can changes its name however many times it wants to, it still sucks...

6. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Yes, it's still Comcrap.

For those of you that aren't happy, I usually make a routine call every 6 months , threaten to cancel, and end up getting a sweet deal. I've noticed the national reps (1800 Comcast) can be more helpful in getting you a deal than calling the Houston # (713-341-1000)