1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will we make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Jan 31, 2006.

?

We will make the playoffs

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

97 vote(s)
    71.9%
  1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

We are now 7 games out of the playoffs with 38 games left to play. We have yet to win a division game. We have 3 games left against SAS, 2 games left against Dallas, and 2 games against Phoenix.

With DA and JB coming back and Sura coming back after the ASG, will we make it to the playoffs?

2. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I still say yes.

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I put no they will not, but I'd love be surprised. I think it's going to take a good 10 game winning streak if this team is going to fall back into contention for the #8 seed. I've also been rooting for the Mavs to win the Western Conference, so if the Rox do get the #8 seed, they'll have a chance for redemption against them in the 1st round.

4. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

We would basicaly have to go 29-9 the rest of the way, the team has not shown any signs of having the ability to do so, with or without Yao.

Aint gonna happen....

5. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

How do you play for a high draft pick when your players are all getting healthy?

Any suggestions?

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We Will Make The Playoffs! PERIOD!

Rocket River
    :mad:

7. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

No worries - undefeated in February.

8. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Ok you made that conclusion after Yao's first game back and after one of our worst 3 pt efforts of the season

Hell yes we make the playoffs.

I won't stop believing until we are officially out of it.

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i absolutely believed we would still make the playoffs up until the heat game. now, realistically i dont think its possible. the hole is just too deep for this team to get out of.

the last couple weeks i was still optimistic, but no more.

11. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

my guess and our luck prob. will be the Rox go on a run and excite us win 40 games and lose 42 but Utah and OKC will have like a game or 2 ahead of us and those 2 crappy teams make it and we are left at home with the 13th lotto pick (WOW WITH THIS PICK WHO COULD WE GET haha

12. droxford

droxford Member

Yes.  

13. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

5-1 road-trip before Yao got hurt.

14. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're making it.

15. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Yes, Rox will make the playoff and has a shot at the title.

Just not this year.

Keep daydreaming.

16. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

The odd of the Rockets winning the TITLE is now at 175-1

so put in $10 and you can make $1750 :D

Why do you suck so bad at home? Yeah, we have had alot of injuries but come on how's NO/OK Hornets 13-8 at home

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Let's see. I'm not on crack today, so I'm gonna say "no".

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Why would they need to go 29-9? The 8th team is currently NO at .500. More like 26-12, if that.

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Generally speaking though, someone from the 8th spot or below will "take off". I doubt .500 is what is needed to make the playoffs, but hopefully I'm wrong.

I lean towards "no" at the moment -- that they can't do it. This 3-game slide with a "healthy" McGrady has pushed me that way. They played great ball last year at just over a 70% winning percentage when they were clicking, but can this team do the same? I'm not so sure anymore. Looks to be too little, too late. Last year, the play of Sura, Barry and Mutombo was so key in our wins. Ditto Howard (before injury), Mike James and Scott Padgett. I think there are too many differences between this team and last year's (and apparently not for the better) for this team to "launch" like that, but hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm not quite suggesting Tankville though .... not yet anyhow.

20. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Yesterdays loss was partially attributable to lack of point production from the bench. Last year you could depend on Padgett, Barry and James to come through with some winning shots and points, right now we don't have anybody. I don't want to get on Hayes but if the guy doesn't have an outside shot, he will never score for us, he is just too short and will get those layups inside swatted back in his face. Luther is struggling and Barry and Anderson are out.

I was watching the UConn/Providence game and I was not impressed with Rudy Gay, if he is an example of the best the draft has to offer then if the Rox are a marginal .500 team this year than there may be slim pickins in this draft if you don't have a lottery pick. We do need more talent and getting JJ Redick with the 1-5 pick may not be a bad thing.

#20 tiger0330, Jan 31, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2006