1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dreamshake] Conversation and Talk with Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrfirefly7, Feb 5, 2010.

1. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2010/2/5/1296983/conversation-and-talk-with-daryl

2. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Nice, I believe a trade will be made but not a big splash and not involving Tracy.

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

A significant piece? Is that a allstar player? I hope so, but do not know how. Bosh trade is likely the only way to get a star.

"the Rockets expect to add a significant piece either by the trading deadline, or in the off-season. Morey also stated that the club was in good shape, and willing to spend for the right deal."

4. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I guess they are not willing to spend on Dalemberts 15% trade kicker meaning that they do not think that the Philly trade would be the "right deal". Hmm interesting :confused:

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like our PG combo.
    If this LLull guy is a good combo guard
    I know we have minutes at the 2 spot

Rocket River

6. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

A significant piece doesn't have to be an all-star, maybe a starter or sixth man type player.

7. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I wonder what he said was not a joke though. Get Iggy for just Cook? This sounds like they have plans to bring people back and that McGrady is not part of any deal like a 3rd players. Like moving picks+Llull to get it done in some type of high-ball - low-end offer.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

ClutchFans lurker/Dream Shake poster here. Xiane (the guy asking Morey questions) was obviously joking with the Cook/Iggy thing.

9. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Maybe he was joking, but the deal obviously was some type of proposal before if he mentions that.

Think about teams who would take on Salary, then think about what high-ball offers Philly were actually recieving without even touching Dalembert's contract. Maybe Dallas was after Williams and we throwed in Cook/Llull+picks for Iggy and that was our high-ball offer.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Interesting alternative to McGrady, but the salaries don't work unless you make it something like Cook + Battier + picks.

11. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

yeap i think your right. Normally teams will go through the league i thought and put people on the block. Then from the block GM's have meetings and discussions later. Well Battier and Ariza happen to be on the block.

12. oal

oal Member

The article's writer mentioned it as a "possibility" (read: OBVIOUS JOKE). Then Morey laughed. Nothing in that indicates that "Cook-for-Iggy" was ever a real possibility.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Does morey mean more time in the gym for him to scout or for him to work out :confused:

14. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

So what team would take Battier and Ariza for expiring contract(s) if they knew it would help them make a run and assuming Morey could get a deal done without even using McGrady to land Iggy? Cleveland? Then they buy out Ilguaskas with cash? Then he resigned in Cleveland? You think Les and Morey would actually bite on something like this NO? if they knew what they was getting back from the deal (cash) to buy back the asset later, they had to use on Philly like Llull or pick to get Philly to bite without touching Dalembert?

15. towW

towW Member

probably more time for his players to work out

16. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Not only a conversation, but a talk too!

17. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

nevermind....

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Hopefully Lull will come in and have a Scola type impact.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

could be, but he was asked how he liked houston himself, so i think it has more to do with how he spends his own time.