1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Rush

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Fuse, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Fuse

Fuse Member

Rush has been pretty impressive this year for Kansas. I know he doesn't fill our needs, but he is certainlly a good player. What do you think?

2. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I actually think he does fill a need (long perimeter defender who can keep up with some of the quicker penetrating guards who have given us problems in the past), albeit not a primary one. He's also a Rush which means he can shoot. I definitely wouldn't mind taking him.

3. Fuse

Fuse Member

He is extremely athletic. Rush and Snyder can form our athletic duo... much like Daniels and Howard was for Dallas in the past.

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

That'd be okay, but the team really needs is a Terry (a PG that can shoot) or a Harris (a pg that can penetrate, defend, and provide a spark).

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

He single-handedly killed UK in the second round matchup. He was on fire from 3 point land. I think he made like 6-7 or something crazy like that.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You're right but I think we have to take the best player available in the draft.
    I'm not implying that Rush is that guy but there doesn't seem to be any PG who can solve our problems in this draft.

7. Fuse

Fuse Member

I certainly wouldn't mind if Rush joined our ranks. Then we can pick a serviceable 1 and 4 through the FA class this year.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think someone would snatch him up quick. He is solid. Already plays like a leader.

9. Fuse

Fuse Member

I would drool over the prospect of having Rush, Snyder, Batter, and T-mac as our perimeter defenders. We already have the best defense in the paint. If we added him into the mix, that would make us a defensive powerhouse... not that we already aren't.

Rush is unselfish to a fault, which is an indication of a very mature basketball iq, especially with someone of his ability.