1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tristan Thompson sexual harassment

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by downbytheriver, Oct 20, 2014.

?

Should silver come down hard

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. Don't care about sexual harassment unless there is penetration

51 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. downbytheriver

I think the league needs to come down hard here. Isiah paid the price and he did it behind closed doors.Sterling did it behind closed doors and he paid the price.
    If Thompson was a decent player he would be getting a lot of flack.

Not only did he imply he had slept with the reporter on live television, which was worse than the kiss, but he thought nothing wrong of it to force himself upon her at work. The entitled black athlete that Kobe got drilled for (at least he had the decency to do it behind closed doors), this guy gets away with? The smug attitude isn't helping a scrub like him get any better, a $1 million dollar fine and 15 game suspension would be the right call.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

did kelly change his moniker here?

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The incident in question:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mmlTByKgX6w?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Didn't 50 Cent do the same to Erin Andrews?

5. what

what Member

To me, he is implying that he likes her and he maybe he wants to date her and was trying to be charming.

Those two actually look good together, anyway.

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Wow, is that really that big of a deal?

7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

You know damn well she probably would polish his knob in a second. SJWs making this a big deal for no reason. Unless she comes out and says it's a big deal, it ain't.

8. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

Op fail.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I thought it was harmless, friendly flirting, in a joking fashion. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

10. cbk41

cbk41 Member

While pretty unprofessional by TT, making light of real sexual harassment by agenda crusading your personal beliefs into a domain that which contains real abusers and victims devalues those very same victims you are claiming to support.

11. cbk41

cbk41 Member

You are familiar with the tyranny of the SJWs?

1 person likes this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Not sure if serious.

13. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

? Wtf?

She clearly didn't have a problem, as you can see with her last sentence.

don get frustrated now breh

14. 713

713 Member

Her name is not even Tina, it's Allie. LOL

15. what

what Member

Also, he was trying to sound confident by saying, "You know how I do, Tina." and she was like, "i'm not hearing that, son" or, in her words, "Alright, Alright", basically shutting him down. He mirrors her alright, with an "alright" of his own. Then he kisses her, and she was like, "He goes off the feel of the game, just like he does with interviews, I guess, Fred." Meaning, I guess this guy was thinking I was in to him.

To me it is clear that he has been working her for some time, but she may still be playing the chasing game.

To me, it was kind of a desperate move on his part, so it was a bad move for his chances to get her. But I don't know.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I was going to chide you for overreacting, but after watching that video, you're right! Those uppity rich blacks, stealing our women! What's next? Mongrelization of the races?

Let's form a posse!

Us: "Stand aside, LeBron! We're takin' im!"

LeBron: "The Players Union will hear of this! Don't move, Tristan! Stay here!"

Downbytheriver: "You gotta pay for what you done to that harmless sweet girl! En't you got no shame?"

17. downbytheriver

How is this any different than a light pat on the ass? Of course she is going to play it cool, she's a professional. The point is it sets an example for how to behave in the workplace, and soon these smaller gestures turn larger. You have to overreact to set a precedent when there's a history of such incidents... after all it wasn't Donald Sterling's final comments that led to him being booted but a history of such poor behavior. Not all woman need to show outrage to be outraged, and even if this woman in particular wasn't annoyed, you have to conduct yourself professionally for the sake of women's rights.
    I think it's obvious, he is living out the fantasies of many posters here so they are trying to act like this is fine. we all know it's a smaller piece of a bigger problem.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah he probably shouldn't have done it, but what matters to me is how she felt about it. Until that comes out, I will wait to demonize Tristan Thompson. We don't know if they're close or friends or whatever.

This isn't the same as drunk Broadway Joe trying to kiss Suzy Kolber during an interview, which was clearly a bad move right when you first saw it.

19. CertifiedTroll

The punishment should be dictated how the reporter perceived it. If she thought it was just joking banter let it pass. If she did not take it that way, give Thompson a warning or a small fine.

20. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

If it was the other way around would she get fined and banned?

NO.

Other than being labeled as a slut, people would be making light of the comment.

Hes a young kid who was having some fun, she's probably enjoying the attention.

Also I'm sure he wouldn't just outright say that to someone he doesn't know, they probably have a casual friendly relationship.