1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden withdraws from 2016 Olympics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmactoyao, Jun 10, 2016.

1. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets guard James Harden announces he will not compete in the 2016 Olympics.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/741453197118570497">June 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Harden said it was a &quot;pain-staking&quot; decision; did not cite a reason. Guards rapidly dropping off Olympic tm, but of course there are others.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/741453942001786880">June 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A lot of players withdrawing...sucks for Harden's development.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

"He's gonna be in the Olympics;
    He's gonna be in shape;
    He's gonna work with Tom Thibodeau;
    He's gonna carry over his Olympic experience into a great year;
    ItsHappening.gif"

So much for that. :p Don't get fat. ;)

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

surprised. thought that rio T&A would definitely lure him in

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Something something Harden not dedicated something strip clubs something something fat ass something defense something something no leadership.

Is there anything I'm missing?

5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Thought he liked fat asses? Would've been perfect Rio?

Guess it's Treasures and The Men's Club then

1 person likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

This is going to be the most disappointing Olympics of all of time. And not just in basketball.

A lot of athletes, because of the Zika virus, are probably dropping out.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Some people get paid and sit their ass down, never intending to get up. Harden is one of them.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Only thing I will add is that he has a lot of mileage on his legs and back the last 4-5 years, more than anyone in the NBA during that period. I don't really mind him pulling out.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Um, fat.........no.

Ample hips, yes. Fat? Oh, no, my brotha. Get ye down there.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Of course! There's no money in that ****.

11. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

**** NO!!! I live in Rio and got tickets for all the quarter finals. I was really hoping to see him play =(

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Pro basketball players shouldn't be in the Olympics anyway. Let the College kids have some fun.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I dont mind, saves the wear and tear on his body, and lowers his chances of getting injured this summer.

Would have been cool if he went, but in a way I'm glad he isn't at the same time.

14. Drogba

Drogba Member

News like this makes me feel like Harden's going to have an all time great season next year. The media alone have given him all the motivation he needs, season was barely over before he began his summer workout.

15. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

I understand the concern but it doesn't make any sense. Nobody I know got zika, it's just a media thing. Actually there are other things (like violence) people should be more worried about...

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Any word on Capela and Dmo?

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not surprised. With no Curry this time, Harden may get exposed so he takes the easy route and chickens out or perhaps he doesn't want to face the embarassment of coming off the bench., which would have been a possibility. That would be a tough pill to swallow after being rightly left out of all the ALL NBA teams

Dude has been sitting on his fat a$$ for the past month prolly eating chipotle. Weren't people here saying he is USA captain or something like that? Yeah way to be a leader captain

18. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Interesting. Now we can see how much offseason work he will really put in when he's on his own and after the much criticized season last year

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

after learning that KD has no interest in Houston, Harden decided to spend his summer partying instead.