1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Melo?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tsunami, Oct 31, 2008.

Tags:
  1. tsunami

tsunami Member

Is Melo injured or what? He did not play for Nuggets in the past two games...

2. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

Suspended

Anthony suspended first two games of 2008-09 season for DUI

DENVER -- The Denver Nuggets suspended NBA All-Star Carmelo Anthony for the first two games of next season as punishment for his April arrest on suspicion of drunken driving.

The announcement by the team Monday came hours after Anthony was also named to the U.S. Olympic team Monday. Later in the day, in his first public comments since Denver's season ended, Anthony made a request of management to not trade him this offseason.

Carmelo Anthony

Anthony

"That's the only thing that I want," Anthony told the Denver Post in a telephone interview. "I felt like I've been committed to them and showed my loyalty to them and to the city and state. I would like the same thing in return. I would rather them be honest with me and just let me know."

Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien said in a written statement the team will continue to support Anthony in the matter of his DUI case as he "strives to live up to the high expectations" set by the team and by Anthony.

Warkentien also said in the statement the team takes "drinking and driving very seriously" and that they will continue to handle the matter internally and will not comment further.

Anthony is scheduled to appear in Denver County Court on Tuesday for his arraignment. He was arrested April 14 on Interstate 25. Police said Anthony was weaving and not dimming his lights when he was pulled over. He was driving alone at the time.

Police also said Anthony failed a series of sobriety tests. Following his arrest, Anthony apologized to his team and his fans and said his behavior was "truly and totally unacceptable."

"I'm here to man up to my mistake, just to let you know that I'm truly sorry for what happened and everything that's going on," Anthony said then.

Three weeks later, Anthony was ticketed for driving 60 mph in a 45-mph zone. The 24-year-old paid a $130 fine on that case last week.

Anthony's attorney, Dan Recht, did not immediately return a call after hours Monday.

Anthony was also suspended last season after his involvement in a brawl with the New York Knicks during a game at Madison Square Garden. In that case, he was suspended for 15 games after he punched Knicks guard Mardy Collins.

The Olympic selection is the second for Anthony, who also played for the U.S. in Athens in 2004.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3458024

3. k0Mbo

k0Mbo Member

Hey was playing versus the Lakers, hoping he would give them their first loss...

But, he failed. He sucked in the beginning but then starting hitting when it didn't really matter.

Rockets will be the last undefeated team standing!

4. Pringles

Pringles Member

Why are writing small like that? :eek:

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Looks like he was at the barbershop getting his haircut when this was made.

6. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

7. blackistan

blackistan Member

All I know is he cut off his braids