1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pacers acquire Thad Young

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2016.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thad Young has a $3.75m trade bonus that BKN pays. Young cap hit for the Pacers (starting in 2016-17) is 14.1m, 14.7m, 13.7m (P).</p>&mdash; Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) <a href="https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/746048532134518784">June 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. malakas

malakas Member

They already were going to suck whether they kept him or not.
    Now what they need to do is look after their own team.
    Trade Brolo now it's the best chance for them.
    Get Lamb and Hawes from Charlotte for the 22nd.

Add two new rookies and finally get some new hope for the franchise. And they will also have capspace.
    This draft is not good, but it can provide some good role player talent at those spots.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good job by Brooklyn to shed some salary and get some picks! They need to do all they can of both.

4. hlcc

hlcc Member

How is this a lot to give up? The odds of getting a player of similar caliber this late in the draft is exceptionally low.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

how Thad Young keeps getting dealt is crazy to me. I hope he doesn't buy homes in all these cities he's played for....

6. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

Teague Monta PG Young Turner with CJ Miles, Stuckey and Mahinimi off bench looks like a 55 win team in the East. I think they can compete with Toronto and Cleveland. I think in a 7 game series both Toronto and Cleveland would win but Indiana has potential to mix things up

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They need a center with Mahinni expiring, I think Howard, Whiteside or Biyombo would be great fits, or even someone like Zaza for cheaper.

I would also try to dump Ellis and or Stuckey, both are talented but idk if they fit anymore, and they aren't exactly winners.

Teague / Stuckey
    Ellis / Miles
    George
    Young / Allen
    Turner

Solid roster, solid trades, wish the Rockets did them.

8. Down19

They added Thad Young and STILL have 25 million in cap space to work with. If they can get Dwight and re-sign Mahinimi I think that puts them over the top and makes them the frontrunners of the East (yes I know the Cavs just won the title)

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

They will not pay anything to Dwight. They have one of the best up n coming young centers in the game.

Turner >>>> Dwight.

10. Down19

Turner isn't better than Dwight yet. I don't think Turner will ever be as good as Dwight in his prime was but in 2 years I think Turner will be better than Dwight. Doesn't mean the Pacers don't pay Dwight and try to win a title now

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's fine he doesn't have to go anywhere, but they have PG in on his prime and Turner/Young isn't going to cut it.

Whiteside/Howard would bring them to the next level.

12. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

If I'm Indiana I try and trade Ellis and throw a max offer to Bradley Beal. Wizards would most likely match but it's worth a shot.

13. Down19

Beal is barely better than Ellis and would be MUCH more expensive. Granted Beal is the better fit but it's already been said that the Wizards are giving him a 5 year max so Indiana should look elsewhere if they want to upgrade or just simply want a different SG than Monta

14. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

1st Teague, then Young. Indiana sure want that 5th seed.

15. hlcc

hlcc Member

I don't think they are done making deals. They still have 20 mil in cap space, if they get trade away stuckey, miles or Ellis they can make a run for Horford

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Thad Young is an average to below average starter who is too slow to play the 3 and too small to play the 4. The potential of drafting a better player at that slot is more lucrative than a low hanging fruit like Young. That's just my take.

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Turner needs to be developed at center, as in the lineup you described, rather than spend these formative years trying to fit next to Dwight, Zaza or Mahinmi.

Yep, monta doesn't fit, no idea who would want him though. I think Miles should be starting at SG, not a good enough player to start, but at least he's the right type of player. Not sure if there would be an ego issue with Monta if he's asked to come off the bench, or not.