1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

And to me it seems viable. It's a trade that I feel all the teams would take since Sac needs a PF badly now and can get a young one in Jones. They get rid of Collison who is probably very unhappy with the Rondo signing as well. Indiana gets SOMETHING back since we have the possibility of signing Stuckey into our MLE outright so it helps them too. Plus Papa is fully non-guaranteed and his contract is good trade fodder. Or just let him develop which works too. Then we save the MLE for the players we want to resign and we don't have to pay too much in Luxury tax I believe. Plus saves us the time of cutting players. :p

Something I didn't mention is the additions of Wood and Cummings. I forgot about them. Wood could be the 15th man and we just wouldn't get an Insurance player like Okafor. Cummings gets waived and signs with Rio Grande in case we want him in the future. All in all, both will end up at RGV in my opinion.

2. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Didn't the Knicks show interest in Bev and Brewer? The Rockets just signed both. Carmello is unhappy with direction of the Knicks and was recently thought to be a "key" to a championship formula. I can see where this is going.

3. NotChandlerParsons

Can you send me the lotto numbers from the future at least?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pop strollin' in LA with LA <a href="http://t.co/COwRuvbbaP">pic.twitter.com/COwRuvbbaP</a> (h/t <a href="https://twitter.com/RGMercado">@RGMercado</a>)</p>&mdash; Michael Lee (@MrMichaelLee) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/617168813159657472">July 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

LMA off to get more free food.

1 person likes this.
  6. alethios

alethios Member

But #7 is no longer available...or is it?

7. Fantasma Negro

Its over. They've bonded. He's going to S. A.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in search of a food truck perhaps

1 person likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I'm so torn. Door A: 2 combo guards + Chandler on a franchise w/ 0 titles. Door B: the Spurs + Duncan passing me the torch.&quot; I mean - what?</p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/617169965565652992">July 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

[​IMG]

11. baubo

baubo Member

Re-signing Brewer should imply an end to LMA pursuit. I still think the Rockets should have a trade in them. DMo and Jones will be RFAs next year and the Rockets probably don't want to pay both. They also have some young players they may want to use.

I want to say Lawson, but really any type of talent upgrade would be useful to give Harden some help offensively.

12. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Ha, yeah - this feels very similar to Melo's situation. He knew going into FA exactly where he would end up - NY. LMA has known from the start that he's going to SA. PHX makes 0 sense. If you were to believe the media coverage, or lack thereof, Houston has no redeeming qualities, and we are the only other team that would be a perfect fit for LMA.

The dude is going to SA. Just like Dwight was coming to Houston. PHX = GSW this time. LMA on the Spurs scares me only in the fact that now Pop can rest Duncan the entire regular season. They will be very fresh going into the Playoffs...this could unfortunately extend Duncan's career even further.

13. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Status quo is not acceptable. Kpap is here specifically to facilitate a trade. That chip is about to get cashed in.

14. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I'd rather have Collison. Compare their stats throughout their careers and considering Collison has been a backup almost his whole career, the numbers are very similar. Down to the FG%. And he's 5 million dollars cheaper.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

WHY IS THERE NO INFORMATION? GIVE ME INFORMATION!

16. Rocketfan4life

Where is cyberx? Seriously the guys been missing for two days. I need some info.

17. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Also you could do the same thing but bring in Jennings instead of Collison. He'd be a nice fit and is a good friend of Harden. Breaking down the numbers between Jennings, Collison, and Lawson (who many want), Lawson gets near 11 million next year, Jennings gets 8, Collison gets 5.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...llida01&p2=lawsoty01&p3=jennibr01&p4=&p5=&p6=

For the numbers crunchers here. By the numbers, I'd rank them:
    Collison
    Lawson
    Jennings

However, I feel like Jennings could flourish here, as could Collison. I don't see Lawson coming here and I feel like he's just a headcase.

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

CyberX gonna come by tomrrow and be like:

"Emeka Okafor is very close on making a decision"

19. cdain3

cdain3 Member

I think Morey finally had cyberx whacked.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Collison would be best case scenario to me, and it seems like a logical trade (though the Kings aren't necessarily the most logical bunch) --

It was reported earlier today that Collison is unhappy w/ Rondo's addition and would in fact like to be in Houston. Moving him would resolve that issue for them + allow them to continue developing McCallum, who I think has legit potential. They also dumped Jason Thompson and Derrick Williams, so they could definitely use TJ at the 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.