1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Underrated is Josh Smith??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Jul 3, 2015.

1. nobie

nobie Member

DMo is better, + hes on rookie contract, thats why Smith wont get paid in Rockets. Smith is worth atleast 8mil tbh.

2. Garner

Garner Member

Totally agreed, but that doesn't excuse what happened in Detroit either.

He has found a groove here in Houston, for which in grateful. However, he couldn't make it work on all 30 teams like most players of his caliber.

3. SuperNamek

SuperNamek Member

I never understood why Rockets fans think Josh Smith would resign here for a whopping 2.5 Million. It's so funny and shows how delusional some Rockets fans are. I know he's still getting paid from Detroit but still. You gotta be realistic.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Smith is not underrated. Everyone wants him for cheap because Detroit is paying him. If he was an UFA with no salary attached, he would have commended about the same as Draymond Green.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I highly doubt that.

After the disaster in Detroit, I imagine teams aren't gonna be willing to pony up more than 8-10 million, even in this new NBA economy. His defense while still solid isn't near Green's level and he's wildly inconsistent. He's just too flawed a player to be a major part of your team.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

as a backup he's hella underrated. i hope he signs for cheap and we pack jones in a trade for a pg

7. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I don't think you really know what you're talking about. Josh Smith is an elite defensive PF. All the stats Ive seen prove that, and i posted them in this thread. But I guess your baseless opinion means more than that. Goes for a lot of the posters on here. They don't argue facts with facts. Just some arbitrary opinion.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Needs to shoot >60% FTs

1 person likes this.
  9. hakeemthagreat

DMo can't lead the break, run pick & roll w/ Dwight, rebound or block shots like Smith. He is not better

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

Basically.

But I want him back. :) As bad as he can be, he can also win you the series. Hey, he made such a shot-chart improvement in half a season, maybe Morey-Ball influence and increased chemistry can take him to through the roof?

His game may not improve as an 11 year vet, but his on-court performance may get better from the above. If not, the same-ole Josh Smith is still somebody who saved our season.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Who sparked that Game 6 run? Here's a hint: the whole board wants to dump him for loose change.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The difference is of course that Draymond Green is likely guarding the other team's best player, while Smith is guarding a random 2nd unit PF. I wouldn't say that starting Smith turned the series around. What turned it around was the LAC collapse at the end of game 6. Basically I'm skeptical of this Smith is elite at defense claim. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want him back, although I wouldn't mind keeping T. Jones and adding another vet like Scola, etc. either. What I don't get about Smith is that he was always such a high-flyer and seems to have lost that pretty quickly. It's not like he's ever had a major injury either.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wish him luck wherever he lands.

DD

14. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i dont know who the haters were watching last year but josh smith was a good pickup for this team on the court. he played great for us after he went to the bench.

and he was killer with dwight in the post.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who happens to have the same surname. ;)

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The dunkathon w/him and Dwight against Dallas was pretty memorable though, and probably more sustainable than his 3-pt barrage against LAC. I lean towards wanting him back.

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

We need Smoove to back up Dmo.

Never forget...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kFmgTNWVNMY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Colas

Colas Member

Good post, really like smith.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He was a good pick up because someone else was picking up the tab. Would you give him 15M per year?

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I like Josh, but as stated, he's a detriment to the team alot. Personally, i dont know why he's allowed to shoot and dribble as much as he does. I'd rather have Amare as s backup big than Smith.