1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT, Worst Game Day Coaching Staff

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RIET, Nov 16, 2002.

Tags:
  1. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

This is ridiculous.

We made no adjustments to stop them.
    Our OL sucked and sucked bad.
    Special Teams was a joke, the punting was horrific.

We are one of the worst coached teams in college.

2. mduke

mduke Member

We are one of the worst coached teams in college.
    Our OL sucked and sucked bad.
    Special Teams was a joke, the punting was horrific.

Now what do those 2 things have to do with having the "worst coached team in college"....did the coaches miss blocks? Did the coaches play crappy on special teams?

3. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

A good coach uses the talent he has and plays to their strengths. We have these huge OL zone blocking as the defense shoots the gaps resulting in no running game. We are not the Denver Broncos with agile quick lineman.

TT's defense sucks and we couldnt run. If you throw 50 x a game with no running game, you'll commit a TO sooner or later (unless youre UT Defense).

As far as our Special teams, how many punts were the line drive variety resulting in big returns. How many kickoffs can we direct out of bounds? As far as tackling. Tackling is taught.

Our special teams has been horrible the entire second half of the season.

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

If some changes aren't made this offseason, I'm giving 100% of my salary to the Longhorn Foundation to hire a new coaching staff.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

There won't be a new coaching staff because the current one is coddled. Deloss Dodds cares about money. Mack Brown brings in money. Until Texas fans stop showing interest in the team (stop buying tickets) a la 1997, Mack is here to stay.

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

UT doesn't have what it takes. This was a dangerous game, but a team like OSU finds a way to pull it out. The players and coahces have carte blanche; the loyal fans have to accept the result.

7. gr8-1

Coaches didn't prepare the team to win. I know you think UT isn't talented, but they are. Much more talented than Tech. But, something failed them today.

It's all about coaching. Or, in OU's case, it's all about when the check arrives.

8. mduke

mduke Member

I know you think UT isn't talented, but they are.
    :rolleyes:

9. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Last year UT sent 2 Top 10 players into the NFL draft (Williams, Jammer)and several others made it on to pro teams - Ahmad Brooks, DD Lewis, Marcus Wilkens, Rawls, etc.

This year, Roy Williams is a Top 10 lock, Cory redding is 1st round material, Simms will get drafted and make a team, Dockery, Doane, Babers.

Vasher and D. Johnson will also be first round picks when they come out. Sloan Thomas, BJ Johnson have NFL potential next year.

M Tubbs, Thornton, R. Wright (another potential 1st rounder) will also play on Sundays.

Yes, UT does not have talent.

10. gr8-1

Actually, two top 5 picks. Marcus Wilkins not earning any playing time at UT still baffles me. He's a genetic freak. They moved him to DE for some reason. He's playing MLB right now.

The starting defense of 2001 should have 8 guys playing in the pros:

Redding, Thornton, Tubbs, DD Lewis, Vasher, Ahmad Brooks, Babers, Rawls. Not counting DJ because he wasn't a starter.

11. gr8-1

Could you just leave me alone? Please?

12. mduke

mduke Member

uh, you're the one who said I didn't think UT was talented.