1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

dickerson to announce retirement?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by a-rock, Sep 19, 2003.

1. a-rock

a-rock Member

take it for what it´s worth: in this ny post article vecsey is reporting that former rocket guard will retire soon :(

i liked dickerson very much in his rookie season and felt kinda sad, when the rockets (had to) trade him to the grizzlies... sad to see a young promissing player go down like this..

...don´t flame me, if this has been posted elswhere

#1 a-rock, Sep 19, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2003
  2. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I liked Micheal Dickerson, he was quiet and got the job done. Good shoooter from outside and still very young, I guess those injuries were worse than first thought. This will help clean the crowded backcourt for the Grizz.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

You should have put this in the GARM forum for everyone to see. As a former Rocket, any thread on Dickerson should fit the criteria for the GARM forum.

To bad if its true, I always thought Dickerson would turn into a decent shooting guard in the league.

4. cson

cson Contributing Member

why he retirey?

5. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

Lots and lots of injuries.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

edit...sorry.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I hated Michael Dickerson, ever since he was at Arizona. I hate myself for hating him so much, but he was blessed with so much talent, and he seemed to just sleepwalk through games. I was so mad at Rudy T. for picking him and so happy when he traded him. Oh well, I honestly think the guy never had it in him to be a professional athlete. He seems like a nice guy, I just could never get over his on court demeanor.

8. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

you must hate EG a lot more, then...

9. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I was always mad when they got rid of dickerson instead of mobley. But now with the current events. I'm alright with it. Poor dickerson. Hope he's got his money saved up.

10. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

Poor dickerson.... I still remember when him and mobley had that awesome night.... Both him and mobley were just racking those threes... that was such an awesome game..

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I kind of agree with you here. I didn't exactly hate him but I always thought it was sad that Dickerson had so much more potential and talent than Mobley yet it was a no brainer to keep Cuttino in the trade because he had a much better attitude and worked harder.

12. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

:(

Definitely a shame. He seemed like a really nice guy...talented as hell also.

13. huby_n1

huby_n1 Member

That was against the Raptors, I clearly remember that night.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Remember Miles Simon?

What ever happen to him?

He was all big stuff during the tourney.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

l feel sorry for Dickerson.He is young and talented and couldn't fulfill his potential because of his injurires. I'm glad we kept Mobley because he plays harder than Dickerson.

16. a-rock

a-rock Member

i´m pretty sure the grizzlies were demanding dickerson in the stevie deal. kinda like: "put in dickerson or forget the deal!"

17. JamesC

JamesC Member

The thing I remember most about Dickerson was his speed up and down the court. He was incredibly fast. I remember hearing that he used to run track.

18. a-rock

a-rock Member

i somewhere read (i think it was a slam article), that her mother was only 14-15 when she gave birth to him... dunno if it´s true or not...

19. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

I hate to see someone so good lose their career so young to injury. He'll get a big injury settlement, but the problem is that he'll eventually have to get a job in the real world and that's going to be tough. Especially since throughout your college and pro career you've been pampered and helped every step of the way.

On Miles Simon, he's bounced around from Israel to Venezuala. Sounds like he's had a tough time of it, but I guess he wasn't tall enough or fast enough to play the 2 in the league.

20. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That makes him interesting trade bait; except the grizz will prolly use the cap relief themselves.

If you trade for him and he immediately retires - does the salary count against this year's cap?