1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The biggest, unanswered, nagging question I have about this season:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Dec 17, 2015.

?

Do you think Harden wants Dwight gone?

1. Yes

56.5%
  2. No

43.5%
  1. basketballholic

Is James Harden trying to push Dwight out of town?

Every time I watch these guys play and see the dysfunction on-court I keep asking myself if Harden is doing this. Is he trying to make things so difficult on Howard that Howard either asks to be traded or Howard simply walks to another team in the summer?

We all know Durant doesn't like Howard. It's no secret.

And we all know how good a player Harden is. Why think this way? Because I'm seeing too many plays watching games, not even up close, not on the court, but just watching games, that I know could be made by players not nearly as good as Harden. Too many easy looks to Dwight that Harden acts like he doesn't see. When I watch it my mind tells me there is absolutely no way that Harden can't see Dwight open down there at the rim. The delays. The looking off. The ignoring of Dwight. Ramming the ball down court, then holding up at the top of the key, then right as Dwight crosses half-court or takes a step into the top of the circle....then launching the shot at the optimum point where Dwight has no chance to get into rebounding position but instead has to traverse back down court to the defensive end, without touching the ball. Throwing lobs up to Capela. Running the exact same play with Dwight and throwing it to the corner, right over Dwight's left shoulder as Dwight is crouching to leap up for the dunk.

And then defensively.....Harden constantly cheats off his man, lets himself get back-doored and makes Howard look stupid at the rim because Howard has to defend Harden's man diving at the rim on top of trying to hold off the opposing big.

The only thing keeping me from making the full-blown accusation is we're talking about professionals here. Harden is a pro. It's very, very difficult for me to believe he'd intentionally do this...that he'd try to make it as difficult on Howard as possible to get Howard to want out. By the same token, it's hard for me to believe Harden, being the superstar that he is, missing so many plays to Dwight. And beyond that, it's very difficult for me to believe that Harden doesn't understand that Dwight needs to touch the basketball more often. Especially when Harden himself has said in the past that him and Dwight are the two superstars on this team and everybody else is role players. If Harden truly believes that....then why would he not make sure he gets the basketball to Howard first and foremost....above Capela and Ariza and everybody else?

it just keeps nagging at me. Is Harden intentionally making it difficult on Dwight to try to force him out of town? or Is Harden really that bad at seeing the opportunities to Dwight the ball?

1 person likes this.
  2. 523744

523744 Member

Are you asking if Harden is intentionally throwing games/plays in order for Dwight to leave to clear the way for Durant...?

CF reaches a new level of conspiracy.

3. basketballholic

Don't think I said anything about throwing games.

Are you saying you don't see Harden looking him off and ignoring Dwight when Dwight is in finishing position? Are you saying you don't see Harden completely ignoring his man on defense and forcing Howard to have to pick him up at the rim repeatedly?

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Does he want him gone? yes

But on the court, he's not throwing games, he just doesn't trust him, at all, and I don;'t blame him for it, Dwight trying to post up anyone illicits an ugh from me because he's just so god damn awful at it.

5. basketballholic

Aleron, Dwight diving to the rim after setting a pick, and planting himself to launch into the air at the rim......is not a post-up. James takes those plays and throws the ball to the corner. He takes the same play with Capela and throws it up to Capela. Why?

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden: needs to give the ball to Dwight when he has his man obviously pinned deep in the paint, and needs to give a damn about defense in order to not leave Dwight in a bind.

Dwight: needs to give a damn about setting effective screens on pick and roll plays, as well as helping out on pick and roll defense rather than just conceding the open jumper. Also no post ups, obviously.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The one nagging, unanswered question I always ask myself is: Do other people believe like I do that if we think hard enough, we can always find a conspiracy theory to explain what we want to believe and convince others to believe, even if we have to distort the facts?

Oh, and fwiw: I want Howard traded while he still has value.

8. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

So if Howard leaves, then Durant coming here is a done deal? Maybe Harden and Durant have it all worked out already...

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I already told you that Harden created an imaginary beef with Dwight. Harden wants to be the only Man on this team. Self absorbed bona-fide stat padder.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Or Harden and Durant both go to Lakers ...

11. basketballholic

I don't remember saying that.

But maybe if Howard stays we have no chance of getting Durant here?????

12. basketballholic

What was the imaginary beef? Are you referring to Harden allegedly jumping him about not playing back-to-backs?

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I've wondered if he's trying to tank most everyones game... from holding the ball and then passing it to a defended teammate on the perimeter with 2 seconds left, from slowing down bringing the ball up - eliminating transition opportunities,to the very limited number of lobs he tosses Dwight...

I honestly don't know WHAT the dude's game is... but he's too good and too smart for all this crap to be coincidence...

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

just one game...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/61szwOFfOs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HsJTzddeTj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No, this is dumb

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

wow that was one of the worst displays i've ever seen from dwight. didnt watch the whole game. shheeeet

18. Drogba

Drogba Member

He can't even make gimmies with his man sealed under the basket anymore. :(

19. tdo

tdo Member

He probably wants him gone... I think I would probably want him gone as well. That being said, I don't think he is sabotaging his game. His game just isn't that good anymore. He is being paid by far the most money, and is clearly not worth it at this point. The only justification to keeping him right now, is because of how he has performed in the last couple of years playoffs. He definitely steps it up in the post-season.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I agree to a point. Harden doesn't really give the ball to Dwight on PNR but at the same time the few times Dwight goes to set screen he sets the weakest screens ever. No body contact whats so ever.

Both need to grow up it's pretty pathetic how you can tell from their body language they don't enjoy playing together. They are being paid bookoo bucks for chirst sake