1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets season concluded in one thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FEAR THE BEARD, Dec 15, 2015.

1. FEAR THE BEARD

This is just something I need to get off my chest, so I'm sorry if I annoy some of you.

First the coaching change. Was never a huge fan of McHale as a coach, but what these players did to him was just wrong. There hasn't been a game this season where the Rockets have shown full energy throughout. To say the players got McHale fired is the complete truth. Also, I believe Les is throwing this season away by firing McHale and not having a proven interim coach or going out and hiring a new one.

Next is Dwight. I have tried my hardest to like Dwight while he's been in Houston. As good as a guy that he is off the court, his game on the court simply just pisses me off. In some games he dominates the boards, then in others he is non-existent. My biggest problem with him is that he has YET TO ESTABLISH A POST GAME. This is mind boggling to me because if he had worked on this at least a little bit in his career then he would be one of the best bigs to ever play. Dwight can also tend to be very stupid when it comes to committing silly fouls. I have come to the conclusion that because of these reasons he is a "coach killer."

Now for James Harden. I still love James even though it seems a lot of people have given up on him on Clutchfans. I know I know, it pisses me off too that he is crap on defense most of the time. I don't give him a full pass on this at all, but he does have a point when he makes comments that he plays crazy minutes. We have to find a way to give this guy a break so he can focus on both ends. He is still a very gifted and crafty playmaker that we need to build around to construct and championship team.

Morey's scheme. As much as I love Morey, it may be his time to go. Yeah we tend to always be in the talks of trades, which is fun for us fans, but he has not constructed the right team to fit his scheme. We are centered around THREES and DRIVING, yet we have nobody besides Thornton and Harden that are purely reliable on making THREES. This just doesn't make sense to me. If morey can't get guys that make shots, then why have him.

Brewer and TJ. Going to leave this short. Both have played like crap. Brewer has had a few good games, but is out of control most of the time. Also, he loses guys on D like Harden does. TJ is absolutely horrendous. He either turns it over, misses, or gets blocked. I find myself yelling at the TV when TJ or Brewer gets it. I'd also like to see Montrezl get TJs minutes, because I think he can be a good player.

Ty Lawson. I really like this guy and how he plays. I think he is a great player. However, I'm not sure it's going to work out between him and James. I believe it could work given time, but we don't have time. This is kind of like the Rondo situation in Dallas, but Ty has handled this weird transition like a pro. Both Rondo and Ty need to be the floor general and that just isn't possible for Ty since Harden is.

Overall, I think the Rockets are in a lot of trouble this season unless a miracle happens. Fingers crossed! I expect Morey to be active at the deadline because his job is on the line and he must find a way to turn this team around. I'd be open to trading everybody except for Harden, Thornton (because he's our best 3 shooter), DMo (good stretch 4 with post moves), and Montrezl (has great upside).

For those of you that read this far, I hope you liked my post. It's an opinion piece, so hopefully some share my same thoughts.

11 people like this.
  2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Very good post would rep if I could

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I agree with a lot of what you wrote.

4. bmd

bmd Member

The Rockets can turn this around IF they decide to give everything bit of effort they have on the defensive side of the ball.

That's how they won games last year.

The offense will come. Defense is what they really need. And they are capable if they'd put in the effort like they did the previous season.

5. DenisM

DenisM Member

I would rather trade Montrezl, than trading Capela. Rather than that, you are speaking the truth. I am trying to convince myself that this is a good team and they will turn it around, but we are almost 30 games in the season and there is not much time left. Things need to be changed.

Maybe, the most logical solution right now is to forget about this season, make some trades and prepare for the next one.

6. FEAR THE BEARD

Oh I forgot to say that I am against trading Capela too. I love the guy, I think in a few years he could be a top center. Just needs to gain some weight.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

I agree with most but firing a top 5 GM is moronic

9. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Yup. Save the defense, save the season.

We have a team full of brats. Discipline them and see them play decently. Let an unstable dog try to play alpha and you'll get a dysfunctional pack.

10. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Agree with most of it...and sure glad I don't have season tickets this year.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We suck.

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

We suck.

13. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

The only good players we have are: Dmo, Harden, Capella.

If you want to get good players, you're going to have to trade one of these three.

You're just dreaming if you think we can trade Howard, Lawson, Brewer, Jones, Ariza (i.e., all our garbage) and become contenders.

To get someone good, you have to give up someone good.

14. DMO (DJ remix)

Ariza got plenty of value and i'm not sure why he gets so much flak, Howard can net you some decent assets as well.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It's still Mchale's system.. You guys know that right? Mchale, his assistants, Morey, the players. They are all to blame, this isn't an either or type of thing.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

EXACTLY! D is the key. And so far this year, we've seen almost none.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

YOU. CAN'T. TEACH. HEART.

18. OpenLayup-Why3?

reeeelaaaax guyz, we're just losing to the worst teams. they won't gonna make the playoffs, in playoffs we'll be facing just the good teams. don't write this team off just yet, wait till we start playing good teams to see how we look then.

19. dianelo

dianelo Member

Agreed but actually most of what you said have been said numerous times here. It's getting old.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think YOU CAN TEACH

Mediocrity