1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody else getting J.J. Watt fatigue?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Harden2Capela, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

i get it, the dude is a great player, he won dpoy twice. He was voted by his peers the best player in the league. But im starting to not only get sick of his corny commercials but his stupid celebrations after he makes a play. I mean we can be down 17-0 and Watt will celebrate after making useless sack or tfl, i mean dude what are you doing we are getting our asses kicked. If Houston was a city that actually rewarded winning teams Watt would wouldnt have his brand, and if he did he wouldnt have so many endorsments. I mean this guy is on pace to leading us to our 2nd top 3 pick in 3 years and somehow he's the best player in the league.. i dont get it

The real talents on Houston are Correa, and Harden they our are future

trade Watt for a top tier qb, anybody can build a top 10 defense through the draft

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Im more sick of ****ing Harden doing the pot stirring. Thats ****ing annoying. Wouldnt you agree?

3. Mattician

Mattician Member

The commercials are a little much.

Trading him, though? Nope.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We get it, you hate the white guys. Five star thread Skyrim.

1 person likes this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Winning cures all.

Football, more than any of the other two major sports, is a team sport. It's the easiest game to game plan around a great player. Because of thay, people don't realize how great Watt is. Dude is the best player in the league, as you said. It's not his fault he's surrounded by a pile of turds with a few nuggets of corn.

Of course, I'm not in Houston, so I don't see all the commercials, but I'm not going to fault a guy for getting endorsements. Good on him. He can't play forever. It's quite amazing, when you look at it, he's the only non quarterback in the top 5 in the league in endorsement money.

Haters gonna hate.

6. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Id absolutely trade Watt for a chance to draft Cook or Goff.

DEs don't win in the NFL. QBs do

Balldon'tlie likes this.
  7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I agree. The blocker was going low. This was a goal line play.

9. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yeah I'm sick and tired of a stand up guy who happens to be the best player in the league. If he doesn't beat a kid, a girlfriend or get a vehicular homicide indictment pretty soon I say cut his sorry ass!

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I can't tell if this is really how he is in real life or if it's an online shtick, but it's annoying.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Pretty much this.

If JJ Watt played on a better team in a bigger market it would be even worse with the marketing. I never fault somebody for getting their money, he busted his ass to earn these endorsements, nothing was ever handed to him.

He's the best defensive player in football, and he is a model citizen. Amazingly being almost perfect off the field is being held against him by some, they want criminals.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

No I'm not getting JJ Watt fatigues but that would make a really nice Halloween costume.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You guys fatigue me.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I agree with all the lame commercials but I have no problem with him showing emotion after a play.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Since when is being down 17-0 a lot? That's pretty easy to come back from.

He's young, attractive and one of the best football players on the planet. Why shouldn't he capitalize on his fame while he can...especially in a league where the average career is less than 4 years?

Someone is just jealous of his success. I, for one, am happy to have a Houston athlete be such a big deal nationally. Name another one since Roger Clemens.

16. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I'm not more tired of his commercials versus the ones that always repeat during games. Why is celebrating after you've done something meaningful not right? By your terms of measure you're saying because the Texans were down so much they had no chance of winning so we should have completely stopped playing right? (it seemed like we did in the 2nd quarter anyways)

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin? :p

19. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I would trade the dude. We need to rebuild, and we would sure get something in return for him.