1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stupid Question] Refrigerator water line

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

No, it says the main line

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wow. Can't believe I still don't get that...

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You should have a good 3 standard year coverage. Samsung is very similar to LG and thus probably have similar warranties. Get on the phone and call out for service to replace a non-working thermostat right away.

4. Two Sandwiches

I've tried. I have had the guy out three times. Twice he was late. No time did he fix anything for good. I don't trust him at all, and now that the one year warranty is out, I won't pay for him to come out and not fix something.

I'm chatting with their customer service now. Basically I got a lemon. It was an open box from Best Buy, so I got a deal. Lesson learned. Never buy Samsung for refrigerators, and never buy open box.

Best Buy was helpful initially, basically telling me to try with Samsung, who claimed the fridge was bought a year before I bought it, and thus the warranty was up. Problem is, Best Buy still wouldn't replace it in full. They'd give me the price I paid back, I believe. Now, its been so long, they probably won't do anything.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Kenmore fridges FTW.

6. Two Sandwiches

Wow. This is the worst customer service....

Never buy a Samsung fridge. Lesson learned.

They're asking me for the transaction numbers from the three times the guy came out to my house three years ago.

Can't you look that ish up if I give you my name and address?

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Time to google the part. I fixed a freezer 2 years ago and it turned out to be the cold control. If possible try to set things to a 1/3 of the way. It is the optimal range of efficiency. But then again on nice modern French Door refrigerators, that might not be possible or necessary.

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

Yeah that's a misprint

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

Seriously though. Completely remove the filter and see if it works then.

10. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Some times a bargain isn't a bargain. Feel for you and the pissed off feeling you must have.

ALL brands have duds.

In 60+years I have learned not to buy big appliances from any where but Lowe's . they go to great lengths to service the appliances bought from them They have come out and fixed a refrigerator that was out of warranty, They did not even charge for parts or service, I was amazed!

On some Samsung 3 door refrigerator when you open the right hand door in the top back right hand corner there is a filter or a fixture far a filter. If the filter is not in no water will flow to the ice maker or water dispenser.

If the filter is at that spot push up and twist to the right. If there is no filter but the fixture is there go buy one and put in. I know that a few years ago several models of Samsungs were shipped without the filters installed.

I am not a Lowe's pusher. My wife is a manger at Home Depot and she is always ticked about me buying from Lowe's but Home Depot service is lacking. :)

11. Two Sandwiches

Have tried with the filter in and out about four times each way. Unfortunately, nothing.

I will try a new filter as a last ditch effore though. When I push the filter in, but don't tighten it, it's obvious I'm getting water. So I don't think its the intake.

I just worry that I don't hear the motor when the dispenser is pushed.

#31 Two Sandwiches, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It was when Kramer installed the garbage disposal in his shower.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GsC8sKIZjL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Two Sandwiches

Ordered a new main board.

That's my best guess. No help from Samsung. Sent a long email, and got a response saying I emailed the wrong country. Not sure how that happened.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Just bite the bullet and call an independent fridge repair guy.... will maybe cost around $100 in parts and labor, but at least you can rest easy if its fixed (presuming you find somebody who is good).

You've probably exceeded that amount anyways simply in terms of stress and time spent researching/troubleshooting the problem, along with customer service frustration.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Call up Carson Wentz to trouble shoot it.

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I feel exactly the opposite. Lowes has been awful for me and Home Depot has been great.

17. No Chance

Maybe it depends on the store??

I use the Lowes in Pasadena. Six years ago I bought a new stove from them 8 days before Thanksgiving 3 days before turkey day the brain went out was no way that they could get and installed another in time Non to be had. Talked to the store manager and they bought another one out.It looked used but clean and worked good. they got the new stove fixed 2 days later and hauled the old one off.

(Disclaimer) Do not know that the fact my wife had trained him 3 years before and he went to Lowes just 6 months before had anything to do with it. :)

#37 No Chance, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  18. No Chance

I hope it works for you. You can't send that board back if it does not work can you?