1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. chandlerbang21

Charlie P. will carry the rockets talk as always

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

ehh with his subliminal hate on everything? He knows a lot about every sport but I can't stand listening to himself talk, long pauses.

3. chandlerbang21

I agree but he will talk 1 hour about the rockets and has bullard on during home game days. MT and lance will be a trainwreck. MT is great on his own show

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lance Z is the worst in the business

hopefully MT can carry him but I like MT doing his own show.

Adam C is also horrible so having AC and LZ in one show meant you put all the horrible guys together and get over with it

Now morning show will be terrible because of LZ and noon show terrible because of AC

I'll prolly only listen to CP

790 is setting themselves up for failure

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Man, I have not listened to sports radio in like 3 months. Not gonna do it. All they are gonna talk about is the Texans Playoffs and what a great turnaround to the season. I don't bother.

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

expect more of the same from 6-10, Matt Thomas will not save the morning show from being dominated by Texans talk. The only one I can see that will put LZ in his place when he inappropriately wants to ignore the Rockets is Charlie P.

On the other hand, I don't know who the co-host is but if it's AC doing noon show, I think he will gear it towards Rockets a bit more. When him and Lance first paired up they butted heads a lot on this, AC wanting to go in depth about the Rockets and LZ going off subject and talking NFL. Over time AC just gave up and now they just talk NFL all the way through unless there is a Rockets Guest.

7. chandlerbang21

JB interview with charlie P right now on 790

8. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Why talk about jesters when you can talk abput the king?

Texans rule sports radio for majority of year. If not them, then any other NFL talk

9. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I don know why people have a hard time understanding that the NFL is king. They only play 16 games. Each game is a event with a buildup.

Hence, the NFL dominates sports talk in any market that has a NFL team. The 2-14 Texans dominated sports talk because that means you can talk about who they can draft.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

So Rockets come off a great win and are now 2-1 on a road trip and back to 0.500 with upward mobility.

yet all I hear on 790 this morning is some garbage talk about some random dude called Brock Asswheeler or whatever.

Ridiculous that they call themselves home of the Houston Rockets

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Eggball ain't a sport!!!!!
    Sick of eggball

12. FTW Rockets FTW

I concur for once with you, Jose

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't live in Houston, so take this for what it's worth . . . but, is barely beating a team with 8 wins and reaching .500 for the umpteenth time this season, in MARCH??? (and in all likelihood just as likely to fall back down below that mark as we are to rise above it?) just a bit anti-climactic for bragging it up on the radio? just sayin'.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is exactly what the Texans did....they were sitting just above .500 with the last seed. You need to calm down.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The texans could be 2-14 and they would dominate conversation in this town. The only guy who tries to mix in all sports is charlie and he has the lowest ratings in the city.

16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

And then they made FA moves to get better. The rockets season has been over for months. No need to waste listeners time talking about it. Morey threw this season away when he didn't hire a real coach.

Morey don't give a crap, rockets don't give a crap, why should the radio give a crap?

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The Rockets deserve zero coverage based on their current performance. Wake us up when they string together three or more wins. The Texans are also mediocre but the free agency moves give you hope, which is something the rockets have none of for this season.

Just let it be and wait for the coming Astros season.

18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I just listened to Morey on 790. So....

Also Texans just had 2 huge signings at QB and RB, for those living under a rock who didn't know.... Pretty dern understandable why everyone is talking football the last 24hrs...

19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

We are 1.5 games out from 6th seed. And 5th seed Grizzlies should be dropping like a rock with Marc Gadol out and Brandon Wright out, both for the season.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

I don't care about fake tough guy sport egg ball or the garbage Texans.

They should not call themselves Home of the Houston Rockets