1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BBC fires Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Mar 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

morons

I hope they all come over and reboot the show stateside

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BBC drops Jeremy Clarkson as <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TopGear?src=hash">#TopGear</a> host, director general confirms <a href="http://t.co/hKr7kpzfPg">http://t.co/hKr7kpzfPg</a> <a href="http://t.co/mI2YfheVPb">pic.twitter.com/mI2YfheVPb</a></p>&mdash; BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/580730994870902784">March 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Love that title, "Director General". When TV is state-controlled, you can do stupid stuff like this.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So, you wouldn't fire an employee who physically and verbally abused other employees?

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This show is very popular, but it just didn't work for me. I tried it once and they spent 10 minutes making lame jokes and acting out some lame reality-TV-style skit about one guy's car getting crushed. Dafuq, I thought to myself, isn't this a show about cars? It seemed more about those 3 guys doing silly things.

But again, it's very popular and a lot of people seem to be upset that this one guy was fired. I'm sure he'll find something else soon.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sometimes money isn't everything, glad they did this. This ******* shouldn't be allowed to treat people like garbage and apparently this hasn't been the first occasion he acted in a terrible way towards people on set.
    Keeping him would've sent a bad message to everyone involved and I'm glad he's not allowed to continue making money with Top Gear while being a complete jerk.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The episode where they paint up a car with liberal / homosexual slogans and drive it around rural Alabama is pretty hilarious.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Good, that guy is a racist ******* on TV and from the sounds even worse in real life!!!

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hope Netflix gets the 3 out of the BBC and makes new shows.

edit: looks like James and Richard are out of contract anyways.

There is no way they another network doesn't poach these guys.

Top Gear is the most viewed TV show in the world.

#7 REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I still want some more detail. I want my dinner...gets handed coldcuts... rants for 20 minutes and then rages for 30 seconds...seems rather odd but then again, maybe he has anger issues.

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

TOP GEAR is the best show of all time.

What a ****e state of affairs! There are rumors that Netflix or HBO may be picking the trio up. One can only hope.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

depending on how much clarkson was the driving force behind the tone of the show I would watch if it was just james may and hammond. clarkson is a confirmed racist prick and the show is stale.

11. Bandwagoner

that would be a massive paycut for the other two. The BBC owns top gear

12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

A massive pay cut? The BBC only pays about £7 million (around $10 million) per season of Top Gear... their budget is tiny because it is a publicly subsidized station.

Conversely Netflix pays about $9 million per episode of Marco Polo while HBO pays $50-60 million per season (about $8 million per episode).

13. Bandwagoner

Yes a massive paycut. No way they are getting 10 million pounds from HBO, Netflix, Sky etc. They will also lose their viewership to sell dvd's, books, have their various offshoot programs (james may toys, clarkson war stories, and whatever hammond did with animals)

Their career is much better off at the bbc. The trio is basically unknown in the USA.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You underestimate the viewership of Top Gear. You really think them leaving the BBC effects their viewership? They Have more viewers internationally than they do domestically. The Internet make that possible. Top Gear is very popular in the US. As hosts they are probably as recognizable as Joe Rogan or Nick Cannon.

15. Bandwagoner

Yeah, how many Indians have sky, HBO or netflix? Not 300 million. BBC america gets less than 1 million.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

yeah you wonder if they could maintain the production values without government bankrolling

the show looks like it costs a fortune to make

17. Bandwagoner

they makes tons of cash off of that show. The only real costs are the hosts salaries.

18. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

They have an American version, though not as good.

19. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

if that person was Piers Morgan... no.

20. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I'm shocked. I enjoy watching the trio of Clarkson, Hammond and May.