1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do Rockets fans feel about the Spurs winning their 3rd title?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jun 24, 2005.

Tags:
?

Clutch City, how do you feel about this?

1. I'm happy the Spurs won..This means I'm not really a Rockets fan.

34 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. I'm happy for Robert Horry proving himself clutch in other uniforms.

90 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. I'm not happy that the Spurs have more championships than the Rockets, its about Rockets pride.

133 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. I'm still angry that we lost to the Mavericks. We could have taken the Spurs/Pistons.

133 vote(s)
    27.5%
  5. I dont care, I stopped watching the NBA since the Rockets lost.

94 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In light of today's event, we need to gage the opinion poll of the Clutch BBS.

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

hate it

3. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

I second that motion. It should be illegal for floppers (ginobili) to win anything at all.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I'm happy for Robert and Mike Wilks

Otherwise though, I don't really care.

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

They got the job done, what else can you say?

Sure, you hate it but as a sane, objective basketball fan you accept it and treat it as such. Doesn't mean you have to like it, but respect is certainly required.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry I'm not a nice Rockets fan.
    [​IMG]

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Any team that can make it out of 29 teams to the top gets my respect. And who really cares what San Antonio Spurs fans say? Bragging rights? C'mon- they can't even get more than 1 sports franchise in a city that is top 10 in population. That's sad. Rather than be jealous, I just look at it as more motivation for the Rockets to succeed.

8. yaozilla1

yaozilla1 Member

uh yeah i voted for the first one :rolleyes:

9. max14

max14 Member

LOL. But I'm happy for Shawn Marks

10. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

tinny... you should have been at the Tavern last night... I have never seen so many cowards on bar in my life. These Houstonians were chearing for the spurs throughout the whole 4th quarter...

the bar should have put this sign up - so I would have gone to a more rocket friendly establishment

[​IMG]

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

seems to me some folks around here are a little insecure.

So what if SA won 1 more title than we currently have?

Who's team has more upside and is more likely to win more rings in the coming years?
    The Rockets are...SA could barely handle us this year...can you imagine how they are gonna handle us with some more younger weapons that fit around TM and Yao next year?

Ill say it now...SA will not win another while TM and Yao are teamed up here...book that.

now...as for my level of happiness...I honestly didnt care very much..but it was nice to see Horry get that 6th ring...and given a choice between a yankee team and a Texas team winning...I choose Texas everytime..

If I cant have the ROckets there...at least I have my Texas pride......Im a Rockets fan first...a Texas fan second...a American fan third...

12. mulletman

mulletman Member

i'm just happy its over so we can finally start hearing about the rockets draft and about potential rockets trades and FA signings.

another added benefit from the end of the finals - we dont have to hear that whiny PA announcer that the spurs have. he got on my nerves every spurs home game. he sucked. bad.

13. askball

askball Member

ya i couldn't stand that guy either mulletman, its quite a contrast going from him with that whiny high voice to mason, the detroits announcer. that guy really does love his job, like what al michaels said

14. wizardball

wizardball Member

i love it.....cause when we beat em it will be all the more sweeter.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Easily the third one. I hope every Rockets fan that voted #1 because they are a Texas team encounters a Spurs fan once a day who relentlessly talks **** to them because they have more championships than us now. That's what you deserve.

16. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

This sucks, living in Victoria, all the band wagon spurm fans came out after the 2nd round. I had my 4 kids all saying "GO Pistons Go", I have done my part to keep their minds right.

17. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Growing up, San Antonio was my second favorite team behind the Rockets. I loved Gervin. I honestly don't care if they won. The team I despise is Dallas.

18. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Rocket fan: What's up guy? Man you guys played great this season, Congratulations on your NBA title. <reaches out hand for hand shake>

Sperm fan: <slaps it away> Scoreboard b!tches!! HA HA!!!!

:( :(

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Texas pride seems to be at a low ebb in this thread. I'm thrilled that San Antonio is bringing another championship and more prestige to Texas.

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I had no option to vote for. My feelings are if the Rockets don't win the championship somebody else has to so I'd just as soon it be the Spurs rather than anybody else. I respect their team concept, their coach and Tim Duncan. They are from Texas and don't have a whiny billionare owner. It keeps the focus on Texas being the center of the NBA universe and heats up the three-way rivalry that can only make the Rockets try harder.

Why would anyone from Houston want Detroit to repeat and have a chance to three-peat?