1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melissa Etheridge has breast cancer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Etheridge Has Cancer, Cancels Tour
    Oct 8, 9:33 AM EST

The Associated Press

Etheridge's music: Listen & download

LOS ANGELES -- Singer Melissa Etheridge has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has canceled upcoming tour dates to undergo treatment, according to her publicist.

Etheridge, 43, will undergo surgery and her doctor expects a "speedy and complete recovery," publicist Marcel Pariseau said in a statement.

The cancer was detected early and Etheridge has been receiving treatment, Pariseau said Thursday.

"I am fortunate to be under a wonderful doctor's care and thankful that this was caught early," Etheridge said in the statement.

"I am looking forward to a quick and full recovery."

Etheridge and actress Tammy Lynn Michaels held a commitment ceremony in September 2003. The musician, who lives in Los Angeles, shares custody of a daughter and son with former partner Julie Cypher, who had the children through artificial insemination using a sperm donation from rocker David Crosby.

Etheridge's latest album, "Lucky," was released in February. Refunds for tickets to her upcoming shows will be available where they were bought; the entertainer's Web site says she had been scheduled to play 11 dates in seven cities this month.

http://entertainment.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=170094

2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Hope she makes a full recovery. If caught early: very treatable.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

excellent news that she caught it early.

4. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That really sucks. Hope everything goes well for her.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hope she is well and has a speedy recovery

Rocket River

6. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

It appears as if she'll get back to her usual badass self soon enough, which is wonderful.

That said, I think this shines a light on the dangers of playing Ovation guitars.

7. Isabel

Isabel Member

Scary. I really hope she is OK. Makes me think I should get around to getting one of those exams they say you're supposed to get. Just more proof that it can happen to anyone.