1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Man Who Sold The World

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #34, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Puss In Booty

Puss In Booty Member

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does anybody really think that the Rockets didn't match because Les is a skinflint?

There are some owners like Donald Sterling in 1950's who would have let him walk for that reason. I don't think that is the case here, but people were calling Les cheap, even after he let Morey amnesty our best player in Scola so he could add flexibility going forward. I remember that a lot of people freaked out at that, too.

I am honestly torn about this move and only time will tell. But I'll give Morey this, dude has some stones. As long as Les was willing to pay, the easy and safe move would have been to match on Parsons. He had to know that letting Parsons walk was going to be the option that upset fans the most.

Back to the Scola thing. Does anybody still think that was a horrible move?

There are a lot of crappy GM's who would have matched. I think a ton of teams have gone into cap hell because they have been scared to offend the fans. I think in two or three years, we'll see the Heat are going to wish they didn't flip out and go full max on Bosh. Amare is another guy the team would have been wise to let go. Alan Houston and Gilbert Arenas were players that were overpayed because their teams were scared to let them go, too.

3. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

I don't agree with much in the article, but one thing that troubles me a lot (and is pointed out very glaringly in this piece) is the lack of success in the playoffs to this point, hard to argue that there isn't some merit to the fact that this is a results oriented business and on that point thus far Morey has failed pretty noticeably ...

4. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

This is not a Bill Simmons article. It was written by a guy named T.D. Williams.
    He describes has having quarter-water roots; top shelf bourbon sensibilities. You can check out his twitter at @trillharmonic, he has 172 followers, thats not much for a sports writer.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Since everybody seems to be quoting this, read 2nd page.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

So it's interesting that when I made the same type of mistake you just did, I got "owned." Yet it's no big deal if you do. That's pretty inconsistent.

7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

We want from K-mart & Scola to Harden and Dwight without tanking.

Morey haters can suck a fat one.

8. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

So LosPollos, who actually wrote this article? Bill Simmons? TD Williams? Or you or GoRox or TheRealist?

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

Chandsome....?

Heliflopter....?

I couldn't read the rest of it

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

What? The reason I brought that up was to show that you typed something accidentally before too. Looking back, it did have more of a combative tone that it should have, but the "owned by Tinman" was to mess with you ;)

Also, I guess I can't really complain about the criticism in this case either, should have proofread my post. The door is open..

1 person likes this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I wrote the bit and forwarded it to TD in fear of my name causing an uproar on CFans.

12. Raven

Raven Member

Nice little smear piece. Nice click bait. Also one sided, which means the writer is confused and uninformed or simply trolling for attention.

13. TimDuncanDonaut

Don't hate on greatness. :grin:

[​IMG]

14. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

LosPollos, did you credit Bill Simmons to give this hate piece some traction and creditability? Simmons is a known fan of Morey's tactics and ability.