1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] James Harden - 30 points vs Hornets (11.14.12)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Nov 16, 2012.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PLod-vlPCbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  2. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's crazy to think he's scoring almost 27 a game while shooting 24% from three.

As a career 36.3% three point shooter.

When he stops jacking up silly contested three pointers and generally gets back to his career 3P% man... I don't even know.

Oh and before I forget, thanks a ton for the highlights, batkins, awesome work!

1 person likes this.
  3. NateNate

NateNate Member

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Real Baller. Get Buckets.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

To be fair he is facing double team pressure he has never faced before in his career.

This is the struggle everyone predicted, the question is whether he could overcome it and grow as a player.

Though he does seem to be fitting in the first option role pretty well, which is a good sign. He doesn't shy away from having all the scoring pressure placed on him (quite the stark contrast when you have Durant and Westbrook on your team).

6. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

He plays at such a steady maintainable tempo and still drops big points. Amazing. Harden makes it look easy.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Exactly great point! Imagine if we didn't get him... Have you seen Jeremy Lin play lately?

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

He's a talented guy. I'd like to see him work on that fadeaway midrange jumper a bit more for when teams are really packing the paint. He has the shooting touch for it, and it would open up his game a lot just to have that as an option when he is struggling to get into the lane.

Only 23, so I think he can add stuff like that to his arsenal.

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

maybe i should be thankful i don't get CSN. listening to drexler would make me want to hurt lil babies again.

10. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

True that. I think harden is real aggressive when he steps inside the arc. he looks to drive almost everytime. He should utilize a midrange stop and pop or develop a fadeaway jumpshot to open up his attack game even more. This is actually a good thing though, to have the attack and killer instinct mentality. It's what separates him and a player like joe Johnson who looks to settle for jumpers first or reluctant to take it in strong.

11. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

...or club baby seals?

12. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Hardens younger than Lin? Damn. Doesn't seem like it.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't see the dip in efficiency as a big deal. One thing fans always ignore is that your first option on the perimeter will take most of the "necessary" bad shots. Shots at the end of quarters, shots when the play breaks down, etc. Durant and especially Westbrook took most of these shots in OKC. Harden is now taking these shots. And you can't fault him for taking them.

I expect his shooting percentage to shoot back up to the ~.600TS% range if and when the Rockets find another impact scorer to take some heat off of Harden.

14. dje243

dje243 Member

Omer highlights please! Oh and morris too

15. lfw

lfw Rookie

Nice! Even though Harden still has to create a lot of shots for himself, you can see some of the plays to get him open are starting to be executed better.

16. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

harden is now averaging 26.4 pts and is the leading NBA scorer..... he shares the first position with kobe bryant....

17. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

1:20 one of the best moments... he gives up 3 and goes for drive and 2

18. Convictedstupid

Kinda surprised you didn't tell us in the form of a picture.

19. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

hahaha:grin::grin::grin: nice one my son ... nice one:grin::grin::grin:

1 person likes this.