1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mental Illness] Trump says Obama founded ISIS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Aug 11, 2016.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Definitely deserves its own thread.

Donald Trump: I meant that Obama founded ISIS, literally

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump said Thursday that he meant exactly what he said when he called President Barack Obama the "founder of ISIS" and objected when a conservative radio show host tried to clarify the GOP nominee's position.

Trump was asked by host Hugh Hewitt about the comments Trump made Wednesday night in Florida, and Hewitt said he understood Trump to mean "that he (Obama) created the vacuum, he lost the peace."
    Trump objected.

"No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS," Trump said. "I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton."

Hewitt pushed back again, saying that Obama is "not sympathetic" to ISIS and "hates" and is "trying to kill them."

"I don't care," Trump said, according to a show transcript. "He was the founder. His, the way he got out of Iraq was that that was the founding of ISIS, okay?

Collins: Trump will make the world 'more dangerous'

Hewitt and Trump went back and forth after that, with Hewitt warning Trump that his critics would seize on his use of "founder" as more example of Trump being loose with words.

Clinton later hit back on Thursday on Twitter, saying it was Trump who was unfit to be president.

"It can be difficult to muster outrage as frequently as Donald Trump should cause it, but his smear against President Obama requires it," Clinton tweeted. "No, Barack Obama is not the founder of ISIS. ... Anyone willing to sink so low, so often should never be allowed to serve as our Commander-in-Chief."

Trump has been under near-constant scrutiny for his discussion of sensitive world events, with his opponents using favorable comments he's made toward Vladimir Putin and other dictators as evidence of misplaced priorities.
    Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, one of the most senior Republicans to oppose Trump, said her decision came down to Trump making the world a "more dangerous" place, in her estimation.

While Trump remains around 40% in national polling, Obama's approval rating was at 54% after the Democratic convention, according to CNN polling.

But the GOP nominee remained steadfast, saying it was "no mistake" what he said, standing by his labeling of the Democratic opponent as a "co-founder."

"Do you not like that?" Trump asked Hewitt.

"I think I would say they created, they lost the peace. They created the Libyan vacuum, they created the vacuum into which ISIS came, but they didn't create ISIS. That's what I would say," Hewitt said.

"Well, I disagree," Trump replied, and Hewitt moved on.

In 2007, however, Trump actually supported a rapid withdrawal from Iraq, despite hitting Obama for his drawdown years later.

"You know how they get out? They get out," Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in 2007. "That's how they get out. Declare victory and leave, because I'll tell you, this country is just going to get further bogged down. They're in a civil war over there, Wolf. There's nothing that we're going to be able to do with a civil war. They are in a major civil war."

The comments from 2007 were resurfaced Thursday by Buzzfeed.
    On Wednesday night, former ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul hit Trump on the comments, saying they mimicked Russian talking points designed to sow anger toward the US and the West.

"BTW, Trumps line that Obama founded ISIS echoes exactly a myth propagated by Russian state-controlled media and bloggers," McFaul tweeted.

Clinton's campaign also ripped Trump's comments as damaging to the country, in a statement from policy adviser Jake Sullivan.

"This is another example of Donald Trump trash-talking the United States," Sullivan said. "It goes without saying that this is a false claim from a presidential candidate with an aversion to the truth and an unprecedented lack of knowledge. What's remarkable about Trump's comments is that once again, he's echoing the talking points of Putin and our adversaries to attack American leaders and American interests, while failing to offer any serious plans to confront terrorism or make this country more secure."

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He seems to be losing control of his mind. The more time passes the more inscrutable he becomes. He can no longer properly articulate even the simplest of arguments. He continues to ramble on with no direction and is all over the place.

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

That's the person I want to be in charge of our foreign police! Most definitely!

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

He's just doing this on purpose now. He doesn't want this ****. He's tired of trolling.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Throwing everything at the wall to see if it sticks? But I don't think that wall exists anymore.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The scary thing is that that guy will actually get a lot of votes.

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

I knew it, thanks President Trump for saying it out loud

8. thejav

thejav Member

This may be the biggest landslide vicorys to date..

9. jsingles

jsingles Member

Only question now is does Clinton win by the margins that Reagan did in 84?

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, it is scary. And for those who think Trump has no chance of winning? Cameron assumed Brexit would fail at the polls. It didn't, and the British Pound is in free fall.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Agreed. For every person that thinks Trump is trolling there are two who actually believe him and agree with what he says.

Then there are those that just plain hate Hillary Clinton. They will vote for Trump. And those that just vote republican, so matter who the candidate. So he gets all those votes too. Heck, most of the people that say they will vote third party, or not vote in protest? They will vote for Trump.

So he will get a much larger number of votes that people here believe.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Did he offer any proof? Because that would be interesting. Maybe some Blackwater retiree has been telling him stories.

It would be fakeable, CIA forms up mercenaries to give various factions a common enemy to rally together against. It's not totally implausible because I thought about it years ago in a daydream.

I mean Turkey just faked a coups d'état.

13. cml750

cml750 Member

I now hope Trump wins for much more than protecting the Constitution by appointing good judges to the SCOTUS. If he is elected the epic meltdown of liberals on Clutchfans D&D will be priceless and I will have a front row seat.

2 people like this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

[​IMG]

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Unfortunately for you, Trump is turning states like Georgia and South Carlonia into swing states, so we really don't have much to worry about.

16. Buck Turgidson

Have you studied Biblical prophecy?

17. cml750

cml750 Member

I would love to know what CW and fchowd said but.........;)

This message is hidden because CometsWin is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because fchowd0311 is on your ignore list.

lol, J/K, life in the D&D is much better without having to read useless post.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Do not take this election lightly.

I hope lots of people turn out to dump the Trump by a massive margin to send a clear message.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I actually wonder if Trump even knows that there was a Status of Forces Agreement signed in 2007.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Happy to help, bruh. ;)

1 person likes this.