1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging Codman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 3, 2016.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

These were posted in the last few weeks. In chronological order.

Probably I could do a better job, but I'm in a rush.

Maybe Codman can post in here should he hear anything?

JULY 7th: Regarding Kevin Love and Nene and Tyson Chandler and Birds and Boogie

This is my last post for a bit, partially because it hits close to home, but I find it compelling and it comes from a very trustworthy guy who gives me an Ear.

Sarver wants a young roster, built on shooters and a fastpaced offense.

Later after getting a GREAT call from a happy Lauren Prothe to get NeNe the hell outta DC, I wondered about rim protection since we lost Dwight to THE BIRDS (BTW...pieces still there and the other Birds)

Anyway, your starting center may be coming from Phoenix for a combination of picks and players.

He wants out, the team wants him out, and he isn't accustomed to losing after winning big. As a PHX figure, I know him decently well and it's just not going to last.

Nothing promised, but your rim protector may be Tyson Chandler. 33, but can still do the dirty work. I'd take him if you get rid of corey, Harrell or whomever.

Nothing set in stone, but early discussions.

Don't kill the messenger. We need rim protection and Clint is far from ready.

And I can't mention BIRDS anymore. It's obvious why I did and how it all came together, but the scenarios are becoming bizarre. Just don't be surprised with anything relating to that animal.

Personally, without too too much intel, I'm crossing fingers for Brotherly Love and a miracle of James helping his close friend In Sac demanding a trade far away from Vlade and that terrible ownership with more PFs than I can count.

Hey, uh, DMo...any chance you resent us still? You are definitely a baller, a "Super Role Player" (Please don't sent the DMo task force out on me, led by, well, you know ) What about some Cali Love with a GM who can help develop that shot, moving w/o the ball and learning to flop like Vladi, or currently, sideshow Bob of the Warriors? Just a thought.

I'm exhausted like Kevin Love being told that he can't post up on the block anymore. How tiring to be pushed in to Swish's shot area.

Lastly, it is SUPER QUIET about Bev. I'm trying to get an Ear in there, but I am fairly certain that Pringles...err Mike is not staying put there. Damn it...last time...a dependable BIRD runs a pick and roll to perfection. He's older but durable. Mentioned a few times. And lastly, King James former lil bro may be an option, especially with his ties to James.

July 7: Regarding some Birds and some Pipe Dreams

(showing pictures of Captain Kirk, Ashton Kutcher, et al)

oh, Ash err is it Ky?

That's plenty...time for lemonade and Cell burning.

Cross some fingers for Boog and Brotherly Love. Pipe Dreams, but who knows with Morey. He literally has wiped out some Birds.

July 26: Regarding Houston being the 8th seed

Just wait for some tweaks here and there. There is no way Les and DM are going to be an 8th seed twice.

Also, while the Philly talks have merit (as I mentioned during our horrendous season last year), please remember, DM likes a smoke screen. NN is a popular choice, but we have a history of high-risk, high reward acquisitions. Shoot, even our new "Birds" took an offseason, but they were in the works for a long damn time. (Fly Ry and EG)

Lat "ear" I heard is that Mr. Young Footwork is still in play, for cheap. And, with this ties to #FOE it has become pretty clear he wants out. Just FYI.

The dream is still one of the birds, so don't give up quite yet.

Allegedly, we're looking for another big/tweener who can shoot beyond 2 ft (Hi,Dwight) and a PG who will run the PnR the way MDA prefers. Synonym for happy is lukewarm

Unfortunately, some of this DMo nonsense is holding things up.

I promise we'll be better than 8th. This is not the final roster.

My last talks with Ne tell me otherwise. He could have received more than the minimum, but he came here to be part of a winning franchise. He's a smart man, as a i know personally. He didn't come here to struggle to make the post-season.

Be patient. Watch the beautiful birds and the firesales.

Peace and Love.

July 28: Regarding Rudy Gay and Millsap and Boogie

Lukewarm...Sap' doesn't feel great about playing with D12.

Gay implies mgmt is all over the place. WANTS OUT. Was told we are on his short list because of dma's offensive. I'm for it. YOu have offensive killers everywhere.

The center situation is my main concern. Same with the PG spot : Pat nor James are Steve Nash.

Be patient..i keep hearing that we're collecting disgruntle players, who want a new start. (Boogie makes this team unstopabe and fits the Amare role.

A bird will be coming, but prepare to say goodby to my guy Trev

Juky 29: Regarding Rudy Gay

Happy Lukewarm is heating up.

It's a possible outcome at this point. Kings want to clean up. Rudy couldn't delivery with a bad offense. MDA would make him great.

I'll hear more today.

Bonus: NeNe and Rudy are tight. Tight enough for Godfather closeness.

Kings aren't going to ask for much for a player who wants out.

Also, the sap from those trees isn't fond of our resident D-I stopped playing becuase of my touches-Howard.

We will be a good, offensive team.

We just need that one defender that doesn't take ish. Where's Oakley when you need him?

August 1: Regarding Rudy Gay

I have trouble posting this without complete certainty, but it sounds like it's about to become a Shane Battier-Draft-Day Reversal in a few days. "Happy Clutch SF" wants OUT. He deleted twitter rants as well as IG stuff. His contract isn't too bad, but that's the firesale. SAC/PHX/Philly/MIl/ATL (TEAGUE)/Jersey (Crossing fingers for Brooke). Sap is still an option, afterall, Dwight isn't taking ATL anywhere soon, and Sap won't have space to operate. It sounds like our office is pouncing on guys ready for new starts. Well, in Htown, with a new coach, 2 BIRDS!! (plus one more soon), things are very different. Good Riddance to Milkhair's offense...but JBB will rise again as a great coach. ?Rant

Be patient. Things change...but when I got an Ear last night, Iwas excited. With RG, you now have at least 4 guys who can create their own shot and be a game-changer.

I'm just going to be pissed if we give up Trev..that guys is one of the classiest players..

Peace and Love....but Love now wants to stay

Cod

August 1: Regarding Rudy Gay

ATL dumps players left and right. Teague was a great PG...should not have let him go.

If it were up to me, Arron Affalo would be here (like we almost had him), especially with his MDA ties. He runs the PnR well, but it looks like we lost him.

Anyway, watch ATL implode soon. The D12 signing wasn't popular by any means. I didn't believe in Dwightmare, but now I do. Speaking with Ne, Dwight is only concerned with his pre-allstar era brand.

He's lost his competitive edge and the ego won't work well with Sap/Korver etc...

August 1: Regarding DMo's next salary:

2 years 16 milli...second year non-guaranteed is what I've heard.

Smart signing, until his health is together and his game is back.

You don't overpay a Super Role Player.

#1 ROXTXIA, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

what? No links?

:p

3. craguin

craguin Member

Gracias ROXTIA... (original Codman post links below)

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agent 000 here..Yes, we found him...and talking bad about Vichy. :grin:

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Plow with cod

1 person likes this.
  6. stussysupreme

stussysupreme Member

Thanks alot for this. Appreciate it

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

seems like we are working angles for:

C - boogie, okafor, noel, chandler
    SF/PF - milsapp, gay, korver
    PG - hinrich

guys mentioned as pieces for those trades:

ariza, dmo, bev, brew, harrell, picks

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Interesting compilation - would be nice if we got some actual inside info again, like when the Steve Francis trade was overheard at the Mall.

:)

DD

10. Spooner

Spooner Member

Reading this I couldn't help thinking luke Babbitt was a possibility

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I like Codman - not trying to bash him. But can someone explain to me the purpose of this code stuff? I don't see it. Is it supposed to hide an informant's identity - or give them plausible deniability if they get caught? I don't think it would be effective at either of those. And if it really is that important to remain under cover, why bother telling it? This is an internet bball forum - not WW2. I don't know - decoding stuff seems so dorky - like right up there with Dungeons and Dragons - but that's just me.

1 person likes this.
  12. craguin

craguin Member

^FYI - these pictures contained the following deciphered images...

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I totally dig Cod and his style, you can tell he's a good dude. It's obvious he has some solid Intel and I appreciate him sharing it with us. I don't quite get the hate from some people, it's totally unnecessary.

Keep on keeping on Cod, hope your health is on the up.

14. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

In Cod we trust

15. alethios

alethios Member

Lol, that blows the theory about certain Spaniard coming here out of the water.

16. craguin

craguin Member

Re: The 'cryptic' nature of posts...

Jatman20 likes this.
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Which spaniard would that be? lol the one that already said a couple of times over that he doesn't want to come here or the one that got one particular CF member by the ballsack?

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Funny thing is when I did a similar compilation a year ago, Codman's first post after I made the thread....was in another thread! :grin: He completely missed it.

Watch him do that again.

Codman likes this.
  19. Rokman

Rokman Member

The only thing missing on the OP's post was the date these were all posted. That would be helpful to keep track of the time line.

20. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

we should all be glad he gives us anything at all