1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Lets Get Gay already LOL! [​IMG]

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I still think we're talking apples and oranges here.

Gay is a better ISO player and one-on-one scorer than Marion ever was, but I'd still take Marion over him offensively. Yes, I'm being serious.

Marion scored in a variety of ways: sliced backdoor, random cuts, was a terror in the open floor and was great at finding open space. Throw in the occasional post up and a respectable (albeit odd looking) jumper, you're left with a player that really maximized his skills and athleticism on the offensive end. Was far from predictable.

My concern with Gay is I disagree that you can teach an old dog new tricks; that he'll "learn" to do all of the aforementioned things that made Marion great. His style of play is very similar to Harden's. They both like to play one-on-one....with the main difference being Harden is relentless in attacking the rim, whereas Gay often settles for the lazy one or two dribble pull-up. Overall, i'm just not a fan of his game. I'm not ENTIRELY opposed to trading him in a garbage-for-garbage scenario, but I highly doubt he moves the needle and his poor man's Harden game might prove to be a chemistry problem.

3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Is it just me or is this forum much less active than last year? How many folks are just not as interested in this upcoming season due to the super team concept popping up and is not being one of them?

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Don't worry. Nothing will get it started like this Rudy Gay trade.....

5. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

a lot of howard and dmo fans are gone. This upcoming season will be strictly about basketball. I expect us to win at least 50 games

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Then, we should tank. If you're not first, you're last

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's just not much excitement surrounding the team. They made a bad coaching hire, they lost out on any big name FA's and they threw a ton of cash at injury prone players on a non-playoff team as their major acquisition.

No one should be expecting the Rockets to be a contender this coming season and Rockets fans are spoiled to where winning it all is the only success acceptable. No one is going to be happy about a season where MAYBE the Rockets make the playoffs and are a first round exit.

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

We are turning into the Charlotte Hornets
    No one cares

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

There is only 1 contender next season. Golden State. 29 other teams don't have a chance. Period.

10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The super team concept wasn't even new in 2008, when Boston popularized the method.

We spent the next 3 years of cap space on players that won't help us win anything after the first round, if they aren't injured.

We hired a coach with an outdated offensive system who has never taught defense, and has historically has trouble handling star players.

Signing James harden is the only thing we didn't screw up this offseason. It's a shame, he probably resigned for Morey's vision, even though Les had already taken the reins.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

In all seriousness - Just curious, are we getting Gay:confused:

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

To be fair, a lot of teams are in the same boat with us

13. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I can NOT stand your posts. If you aren't excited about this team there's something wrong with you. Mike D was not a bad hire, you're just butt hurt because they didn't get Van Gundy. We got the right players for this team and I don't believe we are done yet. An offseason of Ryan Anderson, Gordon and Nene is one of the best we've ever had.

Maybe the Rockets make the playoffs? Come on dude, we are going to be so much better than last year. 50 wins for sure. Last season was a fluke season. It's guys like you that post BS like this constantly. Why are you even a fan?

14. hakeemthagreat

I actually think we're better than last year. People here are mad at D'Antoni coming here, but we've been trying to run his offense for 4 seasons unsuccessfully. Who better to coach us tha they guy's offense you've been trying to emulate? The difference is we actually have offensive weapons now. Defense is my concern

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

What is we get the perfect storm of "good" That would be 75+ games from Anderson and Gordon. We get the 2014-2015 DMO and he STAYS healthy. Ariza somehow turns into the Wizards Ariza with a 40% three point shooting season and Beasley actually becomes the player he was projected to be. That would be a LOT of offense. But could it win? 50 games. Sure. But once in the playoffs could it get us to the 2nd round or conference finals?

The jury is still out on Golden State. On paper. Yea. They should walk the league. But psychology is an odd thing. All it takes is one rift and the wheels could fall off.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

We will be good and better without Gay and with Ariza, 100% guaranteed so I hope this trade doesn't go through unless it involves Brewer & KJ.

17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I've wanted to get Gay for awhile, but the hostile opinions, as seen here, have always kept me quiet about those desires. I yearn to be out and open about this, but with the passing of time, maybe it's too late either way. This off season has left me dispirited.

18. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Ariza is a glue guy. Come on now.

19. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

I'm excited about the season, but what else is there to talk about?

No camp in Galveston. No local coverage of the Whatever League that Harden played in.

It's like when Rockets.com was asking feedback about what content to create to drive traffic. HARDEN had a highlight real, and nothing with the name Rockets or Clutchfans was on it. It was just some dude putting up a video on YouTube. Respect to that dude, for he did put a highlight reel together for Harden fans.

Also, what about the other players? Are they on vacation? Are they doing anything interesting? Who's in the gym? Who sees them everyday and is not on the board...people on Social Media that's who. We need more "man on the street" content driving that feeds into the board.

I think that's where to look if you are going to drill for off-season content. My 2 cents.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think it's quiet because it's that time of year (the doldrums; remember the HMS Surprise in "Master and Commander" when it's just sitting on the ocean with no hint of wind for weeks?) and because our insiders, legit and otherwise, aren't feeding us anything. So there's nothing to chew on but....time.