1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video game] No Man's Sky -- Open World Sci-Fi Adventure

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hope someone makes a thread about this game. Seems really interesting at first glance.

I wonder if the spaceship exploration is going to be in third-person.

While on the subject of space-based games, however, has anyone played Rebel Galaxy? It's free this month on PS+, so I dl'ed it - so far, it's been pretty fun.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm still enjoying NMS. It isn't perfect, but it is pretty good for an indie developer with a staff of 10. This has a lot of potential for build up play.

I think it would cool if they allowed you to colonize and start civilizations. Eventually living with other alien lifeforms and becoming the leader of an entire colony, planet, system, etc.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm still playing it and still liking it even though it's kind of simplistic and not quite what I had hoped. It's still enjoyable enough to play.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Maxed out exosuit, maxed out ship. Now just looking for a maxed out multi-tool.

Feel like the black holes in this game are bugged. Ran through a few and it claims I've travelled 500,000 or 1,000,000+ lightyears but when I check if my distance to center has changed at all, it only goes down by like 500 or 1000 lightyears per jump.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Most annoying thing in this game for me, playing on the PC, is when you hit "W" to launch your ship so you can cruise along the planet's surface, it launches you straight into space. So then you have to go through the whole re-entry process and you can't find where you were before because there was a giant mountain of emeril you wanted to mine "up ahead". :(

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

lol

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Amazing <a href="https://t.co/TCf6qolpss">https://t.co/TCf6qolpss</a> <a href="https://t.co/ZS1VXNJr23">pic.twitter.com/ZS1VXNJr23</a></p>&mdash; Lachlan Markay (@lachlan) <a href="https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/766283331084382208">August 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I just really want a Gek co-pilot. My own personal frog Chewbacca. I want him to fly my ship and mine my Emeril while I rack up gambling debt on Zeta Alpha Prime XVII.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is that serious or is it a joke? I honestly can't tell

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Peter Thiel, may he suck a big bag of dicks, managed to put them out of business effective next week, anyway, along with the rest of Gawker Media. Even if they wanted to write a feminist article on No Man's Sky, (not sure why they'd want to) I doubt they'd have time to do so before they are locked out of their offices in the next few days.

http://gawker.com/gawker-com-to-end-operations-next-week-1785455712

It's a feminist website. I get that it's probably not your thing, but they have managed to get enough readers to stay in business up until their parent company was sued by proxy, so apparently there's a sizeable enough group that wants to read feminist viewpoint takes on everything under the sun.

#89 Ottomaton, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  10. Commodore

what's your beef with Thiel?

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He decided to fund a personal war on gawker media to bankrupt them because they said something not nice about him.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well judging by the article posted above, it doesn't look like that's a bad thing.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, didn't Gawker go bankrupt due to losing that case to Hulk Hogan?

14. SunsRocketsfan

you just want to have alien sex GTA style :grin

15. Commodore

that's an interesting way to describe outing

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/16/o...privacy-debate-wont-end-with-gawker.html?_r=0

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It is feminist if you accept that the term has been hijacked and doesn't mean what it used too.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The foundation update has provided much more depth to this game.

Before it was basically: wander around a bunch of planets trying to find a way to build a better ship. See some cool stuff, eventually get bored and play Skyrim instead.

Now with base-building, freighter access, and upgrades all around the game feels more like a video game and less like a gigantic scope space exploration simulator with primitive features.

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. runamok

runamok Member

No Mans Sky XBOX Release and NEXT update....Anybody know about this?

I have been following/playing from time to time. 3 free Huge updates already (Including an interesting Alternate Reality Game involving live drops)....the NEXT Update (and Xbox release) looks huge and is tommorrow. From trailer

Updated Visuals, 3rd person viewpoint, character customization,Multiplayer now with extended base building (multiplayer colonies), own space freighter & space fleet, multiplayer missions, farming, new in game currency (No microtransactions- all free)

Hello Games took a lot of flak, looks like they kept their heads down and worked on it

19. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm looking forward to this update. Kudos to Hello Games.

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

So is this kinda like The Division in terms of getting better? I bought The Division for like $6 and that thing is a lot of fun. They said it was dog poo on release.