1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stopping Scrub Barrea

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CometsWin, Apr 27, 2015.

1. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

This is off topic, but there was a moment in the game last night where Nick got switched on to Dirk during a pick, and the announcer said "Dirk has a small Johnson on him" and, if I would not have been so tense from what was going on in the game, then I would be deceased from laughter right now.

2. RocketFan#1

RocketFan#1 Member

One of your assumptions is incorrect; that the Rockets are a championship caliber team, or that Barea s a scrub.

3. MissouriRocket

Nick should get more Pt

4. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Play anybody BUT prigioni....

T_Man

5. onreego

onreego Member

It would be hilarious if in the 2nd quarter you heard Stone Cold's theme music and Bynum came out to give Barrea a haymaker. "Oh! Down goes J.J.! Down goes J.J!"

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Until we can stip Barrea there is no reason for us to call him a scrub. We need to not take game 5 lightly and seriously step it up.

7. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG] J-E-T [​IMG]

8. Rocket Jman

Rocket Jman Member

I like that Nick Johnson is athletic/quick, but he is not the answer. He looks lost on defense and if he gets matched up with anyone outside of JJ were screwed. I dont understand the love this guy gets. He cant contribute offensively (missed a wide open layup!!) and he just scrambles defensively and gives up shots. Lord help us in the next round, and please take care of business tonight

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This is incredibly difficult to even type but there's a better option...

Derek *puke in mouth* Fisher

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Barrea is a very underrated player.

Yes, he is a flopping b**** but some of you are forgetting that he was one of the big reasons Mavs won the championship.

OKC and Heat had no answer for Barrea's penetration. He is a good 3 point shooter and very good finisher around the rim especially given his size. A very feisty competitor to boot as well.

Which is why I wanted him on the Rockets two seasons ago. He is the complete anti-Lin.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=241024

#70 Zboy, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Need the bigs to hedge on the screens much harder. Weak hedges have allowed him to turn the corner too easily and our PG's are too slow to recover.

12. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Yeah, that performance was boosted by some home cooking. The chances of a repeat performance on our floor are pretty slim. Make him shoot over the top and stay in front of him in transition. It shouldn't be much more difficult than that.

13. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Barrea’s little ass is tired. I agree with OP, let him use those legs and shoot over the defense.

14. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I feel that we need to get dorsey in there to send him a message via an nba playoff style foul that running amok in our paint with reckless abandon at 5'10 won't be tolerated without some physical reminders that it shouldn't be that easy. Nothing flagrant, just a healthy reminder.... for his benefit.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Dorsey had his shot and didn't take it. He came in and dallas had left their starters in. There was an opportunity and I was sure he was going to take it...but he didn't.

16. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Here is where I wish one of our guys would send a message, preferably Jet or Ariza to hit Barrea as hard as you can. I don't care if we get freaking ejections, technicals or flagrants, this is the playoffs!!

Also people suggesting Nick should play and others that Prigioni should sit, that's just dumb. Prigs has been great and Nick might get some burn if the jets run out so he can show his johnson to JJ.

17. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I don't understand how this organisation - who tries the best they can to put smart people EVERYWHERE - doesn't have a smart coach.

No adjustments made by Milk Hair..

18. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

"Run it again!"

19. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Have you already seen tonights game? How do you know there haven't been adjustments after losing their FIRST game of the series after being up 3-0?

Mav's had a top ranked offense before Rondo came, we're seeing the Mav's back to the way they were earlier in the season.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

We need one of those guys to stop JJ

[​IMG]