1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summit bourbon is too expensive!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jamcracker, Dec 5, 2000.

1. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

I enjoy having a couple or three drinks at the Summit during games. If I drink 3 bourbon and cokes ($4.50 ea.) at all 41 home games, I'll spend $553 on drinks at Rocket games. Outrageous.

I've tried taking a flask of bourbon, but I still have to buy 2 or 3 cokes ($2.75 ea.) to mix with. Now I'm spending $8.25 on coke, or $338 for all 41 games plus the cost of my bourbon.

Its not too unreasonable to wanna have a drink or three during the games is it?

My season tix cost $2024. 3 Bourbon and cokes at all the game costs $553. $553 buys one ticket for 12 games.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sounds to me that it's the coke that is too expensive, not the bourbon. The bourbon in their bourbon and cokes is apparently $1.75, so along with 2.75 for the coke you can get to 4.50. I'd much sooner pay $1.75 for enough bourbon for a mixed drink than I would pay $2.75 for a coke.

Why don't you make your bourbon and cokes at home, and bring it to the game in a jug?

------------------
    RealGM
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary
    http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

could you make a bourbon cap calculator. I see that realbourbon.com is available. I need to calculate having a drink or four.

So, Davo? What do you think of these numbers?

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Just mooch off Rudy instead.

5. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

LOL, Freak.

Juan, I think a jug might be a little too obvious.

Maybe I should start wearing a camelbak to the games...

6. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

Of course the discrepancy between the prices of coke and bourbon and coke stems from the souvenir cup scam. All cokes come in souvenir cups, allowing the Summit to charge an outrageous $2.75 for them.

7. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I love the idea of bringing your own jug to the game. Or you could bring a drink that doesn't need mixin' in your little flask. A little whisky, perhaps? Some goldschlager? Maybe the sort of drink that came in a paper sack would fit the bill. You know, the kind advertised by Billy Dee Williams.

But then, anyone who can afford $2000 season tickets can probably afford a few cokes.

------------------
    I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve immortality by not dying. - Woody Allen

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Are you driving home after downing three bourbon and cokes at the game? If so, remind me to avoid that area after games.

[​IMG]

------------------
    Mmmmmmm. Sacrelicious.

9. davo

davo Contributing Member

Is that directed at me because of my cap knowledge or my predilection for bourbon? I'm guessing the latter because i know the bottle a lot better than I know the cap [​IMG]

heypartner - I sent you an email the other day, did you get it? I think i saw you at the Blazers game last Saturday, but I wasn't sure it was you - last time I saw you, you were wearing a red headband.

------------------
    Maybe all the rulers are wrong.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

10. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

If you see a white metro being driven erratically near the Summit, WATCH OUT! [​IMG]

Seriously though, I started wondering what my BAC is after a Rockets game (since it'll happen 40 times a year). I weigh right at 200 lbs, and I spend 3 hours drinking those 3 drinks.

So I tried the BAC calculator at insure.com, which gives me a BAC of 0.0219%. Totally legal.

I bet my actual BAC is even lower; they pour really weak drinks at the Summit!.

11. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

heypartner is Scottie Pippen......great

------------------
    In 1993-94 Mugsy Bogues averaged more boards for the season than Mo is this season!!